Ginger60

Heated water jets...

My heated water jets device has corroded to oblivion, any tips on replacing this?

Also the switch that does the operation is nigh terminal...

I know I have them, but I have never used them, and when I did the engine conversion, i didn't plug them in... I know they are the same on a Mk3 Golf Gti if that is of any help.. maybe you could find the stuff at a scrappy!

I know I have them, but I have never used them, and when I did the engine conversion, i didn't plug them in... I know they are the same on a Mk3 Golf Gti if that is of any help.. maybe you could find the stuff at a scrappy!

really mate thats awsome ok ill have a ganders cheers ;o)

They're either automatic, based on the outside temp (sure it says that in the manual), or work off the heated rear window switch like the mirros do.

just work off the heated rear window switch/circuit AFAIK

you could fork out for a new heated one from VW (probably best part of 40 quid by now),

repair the corroded connector (it's usually just the +ve side that corrodes) so you can make 1 good one out of 2 corroded ones

or just put very strong windscreen wash in the bottle in the winter

most second hand ones will be equally manky unless the owner has hardly ever used the HRW, always remembered to switch it off after a minute or so or already replaced an original jet.

I've not run heated jets for years - just buy 2 non heated ones from VW - £5 the pair

As long as you use a decent screenwash then they'll never freeze apart from in snow when the heated ones won't be any better