t700bes

iPad in a Corrado

So I'm trying to get this to look factory ish, but with no luck! So for now I have attached it to the dash!

ipad.jpg

I think its just to big really, but I'm gonna carry on trying because the ipad is AWESOME!!

Haha. I sometimes connect my ipad to my ipod head unit if I want to listen to some music on it (it wont charge it), but I can never see it being part of an oem dash install, it's just too big!!

Good luck with that tho.

You could ditch the glove box and make up something to keep it there, but it's a bit out of reach as a driver. You're not supposed to operate it whilst you're driving anyway ;)

I sometimes connect my ipad to my ipod head unit if I want to listen to some music on it (it wont charge it)

If the head unit charges an iPod, you can charge the ipad (albeit very slowly) with a 12v-5v convertor. Google "ctipod"

I like this (bad) idea;

http://www.steering-wheel-ipad.com/

Edited by science

Bonus points for owning an ipad and a corrado but you're ruining both by attempting that.

Repeat after me. I am not in a fast and furious film and I will respect myself.

I have a carpc install with a 7" screen built into the console... The ipad is just to big for any car whatsoever

I actually find it too small - I cable tied mine under the rear view mirror and have it set on google street view - I don't bother looking out the windscreen any more as my wipers and headlights don't really work... (I do have an uprated loom but the switch broke back in 2005)

LOL.. OOOOR I'll do as I please :)

If I could make it look better I would do, failing that I'll install a TV instead..

So, no, sorry I'm not repeating anything you say and I'm thinking for mysql :)

It has been done to a polo recently, different style dash to the corrado but it looked quite tidy. He relocated the headunit to the glovebox if I remember correctly..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48189[/ATTACH]

A 7" Android based tablet might fit better. It would also probably have more inputs and outputs as well as Google Maps (does the iPad have GMaps?)

That looks sick...I think with some messing about you could get a Corrado install to look as good!

Shape of the corrado dash really doesn't lend itself to an iPad install.

IMO it would have to be mounted portrait and take up most of the centre console space which would require relocation of the heater controls and top vents aswell as losing part if not all of the cubby hole at the bottom.

Would love to see it done and have it connected running various in car apps/music/nav etc but I think its rather ambitious in order to get it to fit OE looking (if that's even possible).

I reckon you could get a smaller 7% mounted nicely down the bottom if you remove the ashtray and cigarette lighter.