bradvr6

VR6 Turbo - Advice Needed!!!

OK guys, this may be a long story but bear with me.....

A couple of weeks ago, the headgasket went on the VR and has been sat on the drive whilst I've been wondering what to do with it. It's the second time in 2 years that it's happened and I'm reluctant to have it fixed again due to cost. A few years ago, I bought a used turbo kit which had been fitted to a MK3 VR6 Golf and has been lying around in my garage whilst I cracked on with the interior, which is now completed.

As I need to replace the headgasket, I figured now would be a good time to crack on down the turbo route. I'm planning to do all the work myself but I'm not a mechanic by any means and would like as much info from the guys in the know as possible.

The kit itself is an oldschool setup using a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator and ran off the standard ECU. I assume he used the standard headgasket too as he only ran at a maximum of 6psi. I'm planning to strip bits from the kit that I need, do away with the RRFPR and add everything else as I go along. My goal is to achieve around 300bhp and to keep costs to an absolute minimum with a view to expaning the setup futher down the line. I still use the car daily (well, I did should I say) and I want to keep as much of the stock items if I can such as stock inlet manifold and gearbox etc.

Here is what I have at present:

Garrett T3 Turbo

Exhaust manifold

Dump Valve

RRFPR

Downpipe

Oil feed lines

Boost Guages

Intercooler (the small letterbox type)

Pipework

I've noticed that there is no wastegate and what looks like a lambda sensor attached to the flange on the exhaust manifold in it's place???

Any advice on what I need to complete the kit would be really appreciated and where to find the parts (UK if possible). As I said before, I'm no mechanic so it's going to be steep learning curve for me.

Before deciding on doing this, I toyed with the idea of a 20vt swap....but I want to have the option to widen the boundries at some point....oh, and I just can't bear to drive it without that VR purrr!!! :)