pallet30

g60 on coilovers

new owner here. just purchased a g60 which is sound and has everything i wanted on the car, stainless steel exhaust 16" alloys and coil overs. thing is its sat right down on the floor, which looks great but are there any complications for the wishbones/ball joints with it this low. looking through the history with the car and it seems to have had a couple of arms in the past 5 years. is this normal. i just got rid of a nugget yellow corrado which had the worst lower arms ive ever seen on a car, the bushes just fell out when i removed the arms.

not been into vws long as i was a bmw man but got put off by running costs and problems so have i got into the same with my corrado. sorry for all the questions but im new to these cars and was looking for advice..

any answers would be good thanks

Sitting low doesnt do much harm really, its not like the old beetles where the oil sits inside the shaft. Will put a little more strain on the bushes but nothing there not built to withstand.

Depends on the quality of the parts as to how long they last really, can pick up a pair of non gen wishbones with bushes and complete steering arms for under a tonne. So cost isnt always a problem.

Nothing to stop you winding it up 10mm if you wanted to though.

ok the mot place said it will fail because the wheels rub the inner wing on full lock, if i wind the suspension up will that stop this?

ok the mot place said it will fail because the wheels rub the inner wing on full lock, if i wind the suspension up will that stop this?

Ye of course, just wind them up until your clear, then down again after the MOT! ;)

Or swap for steelies for the mot, thats what i used to do.

They'd have to be smaller wheels though or you'd just get the same effect!

Width of the wheel will be smaller giving you the clearance. Worked for me.

Wheel spacers is the long term answer to the problem though.