Sign in to follow this  
lizzie

What next after a Corrado?

I test dorve a 350Z with my father over the weekend. It was fully loaded with all the kit, 18" Rays, Bose system, Orange leather. The car was awesome, it had amazing pick up in all gears, and the handling was excellent. Compared with his R34 GTR (which is a much bigger car) it felt almost as good through the turns AND almost as fast!!

For £24k, or £27k with the kit, that is simply a great buy! And that sunset colour rules!! 8)

get the Porsche. They make sense. Im not a fan of the Boxter, but its a damn good car, and has hardly any depreciation. Just like a Corrado i guess!

How much are these cars your talking about ?

I see lizzies point as I feel the same when I see the wife driving 'her' corrado,

she loves how it goes,looks and handles.

we only have a 16 valve, but,we all look forward wondering what the next best car will be and I have spoken to her at length about what to buy next and tbh we dont have a large budget and we are struggling with whats left out there !

:roll:

Boxster all the way. "Poor mans porsche" people can carry on thinking that tbh :), waste of breath trying to convince them otherwise.

Easily the Best car I have ever driven. Not the fastest, but special and stupidly in touch with the road!!! Such a drivers car, so poised and ready. I've only driven the 2.7, which is probably a good thing as I need to save rather than get a loan and the 3.2 would easily push me into the bank managers office.:cry:

Boxster -> Noble (btw Vr6er hehe) Noble -> gt3/turbo/gt2 -> Vanquish and retirement -> reality bites :mad:

my 2p :D

Have to say that the Boxster is the best car I've ever driven. It's so alive and the engine note at the redline is soooooo (for me, to) addictive :-) I'm lucky enough to own an '03 2.7l 228bhp in midnight blue whith the wider foot print from the bigger 17's wheel option.

You have to rev the 2.7l to get it to go quickly, but it's nippy enough normally and can plod along in 5th easily enough at low speeds. You need to hit the sweet spot around 5k rpm to get it really going and to hear that engine make it's tune. Red line starts at 7k....

If you like the torque approach then the 3.2S is the better option.

Mid engined handling is superb, though initial turn in gives slight understeer until the weight transfers onto the front :-) Ride quality is great, firm yet supple!

It's not the fastest thing on the road by a long shot, but it's a hell of a lot more fun to punt along the twisty roads than a TT is.

My normal commute involves a section of the M4, and I get >28mpg on UL and SUL fuel gives about 30-31. This is with town traffic at 1st-2nd gear crawls and 85mph'ish on the motorway. Most I've managed is 34mpg, though that was many miles doing 50mph...

LJ

Yee-haa - new Boxster S 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition (or something like that) on order! Funny how the old budget expands as you go through the buying process.... a worthy addition to the family I think but will the Corrado's nose get put out of joint?

Hoping for a trip to Stuttgart to pick it up from the factory next month :)

Thanks for all the comments (and also the tips about mytyres).

Lizzie

*Flame suit on*

I bought an Audi TT 225 coupe today :p

Okay, I know what you guys think of the TT, but I am really impressed with the car. The handling isn't quite as sharp as my coilovered C, but I was after something a tad more comfy than my C - I must be getting old!. The power delivery is really smooth, and available from low down revs, unlike my 16V. The grip from the Quattro system is also very impressive.

Cluastraphobic - yep, but I'm a small chap so that doesn't bother me!

Hairdressy - possibly, but maybe that's because it's such a damn nice looking car, rather than agressive looking.

Don't get me wrong - the Corrado has been a hoot to own over the last 3 years, but that has been tainted ever so slightly buy the amount I have had to shell out on repairs! Fingers crossed the TT doesn't go the same way.

I'll get my coat and flame suit :wink:

Cheers

Mark