Sign in to follow this  
leew

Chip & pulley from PD Motorsport

I agree with what you say about the delivery and response. To be honest i wouldn't really know what an extra 10bhp would feel like. :?

What i do know is that the chip that i recently fitted transformed the car completely it know pulls like a beast and drives, tick overs, accelerates like never before WITH the standard FPR.

Another plus point is that if i drive reserved, i still get approx 31mpg :D

..i would dubcharged. no cash for that right now. it's gonna be around $1200 for what i want to do........if not more.

if i had the stock pulley and chip i'd put them back on for now.. but i don't. :? i just take it easy...

maybe i'll wait til i get it on the road and drive up to kk so they can inspect.....

this is a stressful affair for me. :mad:

..startin to wonder if i should even be drivin it around without gettin the charger looked at. :(

leew: Good on ya, i'm glad you're happy with your investment. There's nothing better than spending money on the car and feeling the difference!

G60: Why don't you send your Charger to KK by post?

leew: that would be very much appreciated, but it is sort of far. i'd be happy to pay shipping and any other costs you might have. would be a big help to me until i get the chip/charger mess sorted.

nice grill if i haven't already mentioned! haha :D

i would do that dubcharged... but its about the money not the distance. i'd be happy to drive the car up there.. i know it will make it just fine. ..and i want to see how it all goes down. i just don't have the money for the charger right now. or maybe i should push all the other rado priorities out of the way. i was hoping for a new alarm, some tires and new synchros... but maybe i should just do the charger now.. rrr. :x

(i'm trying to save for a house and the market here is a sellers market right now...as opposed to a buyers market last year at this time) :mad:

Having a 3.5 bar fpr will not make the car use more petrol unless you drive it harder, with a chip mapped for a 3.5 bar the injectors are open for less time when cruising than they would be on a std fpr, my car when driving gently still gives 35mpg :)

You have to replace your existing 3bar fuel pressure regulator with a 3.5 bar, about £40 from your local bosch dealer. If you fit the 3.5bar to a g60 that is not mapped for it, then it will drink loads of fuel and run like a sick pig :lol:

Why would it drink loads of fuel? Wouldn't the oxygen sensor detect the unused fuel and because of the closed cicuit the ECU would change the duty cycle to suit?

Its not under normal driving but its when you go 80%-100% full throttle, the ECU will sense boost/map switch and the induce open loop mode. The fuelling would then go to the preset map value and if using the 3.5bar reg on a 3bar chip, the injectors will squirt more fuel per pulse than was accounted for. :(

Oh, and the ecu will have a harder job adjusting under normal driving too since the idle map will be for 3bar fpr too.