Sign in to follow this  
Bean

Knocking from front offside

I have heard a knock / jerking coming from the front osof my 93 vr. It seems to happen when i accelerate when i already moving at around 2500revs! It really doesn't sound healthy so i dont really want to drive it at all till it is sorted!

To top things off it is running lumpy too! I changed the ht leads today but i don't have that thingy to do the plugs yet .

I have tryed to get it into regal which is my local VW spec garage but there is a big wait!

Can anyone please help I am just starting to get P1ssed off now and am thinking of getting rid of it!!

which part of the car, specifically? can you narrow it down a bit? could be the wheel bearings, could be the CV joints, could be the ball joints. Or are you saying it's coming from the engine? Maybe you've a junk engine mount and the engine is hitting something under load? Lumpy running could indicate something else, but like you've assumed already it's most likely an electrical problem. Start with leads and plugs, then check the coil pack. You may also benefit from an ECU reset, give it chance to re-learn your engine characteristics.

I am not sure i can really feel it through the accelerator pedal and it only does it when the engin is in gear!

I did think that it could be the cv joint. But it doesn't tend to do it when i am going round corners.

It is totaly an intermitant problem.

Do you think it is alright to use it still?