fla

tyres on 16" TT mini comps

As above what tyre size have people used on these to avoid any rubbing? I believe that the offset is 32, but perhaps someone could confirm? A failry big difference from the normal 43 for the VR.

I will be collecting these in the next two weeks but would like to get tyres beforehand.

They're a 7 x 16 ET31 wheel. I run 215/40R16 on a 7.5 x 16 ET35 wheel with no rubbing issues at all, the car is down 25mm.

215/40R16 is what I would recommend to go on those wheels, providing you're not mega low, in which case you could go with 205/45R16.

HTH

Im running these at the mo, 205/45 16 and im lowered about 40mm (i think). No rubbing at all. I'll take some pics tonight.

thanks Rumlad. I know you said you dont get rubbing but what about with passengers in the back?

Not been on the car long as only finished refurbing them a few weeks ago, so not had a full car yet. They replaced some 17" OZs which had the same offset but were a wider wheel and there was no rubbage with 4 people in the car, and I have even more clearance now with the 16s.

What offset are the 17" comps you have on at the mo? Do they rub?

offset is 32 but the left rear wheel rubs, and i dont really want to roll the arches

Are they an 8J? If so then you would have about an extra half inch clearance as the mini comps are 7J. Should be plenty id have thought.