Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

G60 Conversion

Ok, lately i was thinking of buying another 16v lump for my valver and get it overhauled & tuned. But looking at the prices i think id be aswell just to find a G60 lump to put in the car (no i dont want a 16v G60).

How much should i expect to pay for the G60 engine?

How much would a charger cost as there are a few engines for sale without the charger?

Do i need the G60 gearbox or would my 1.8 16v gearbox fit?

Would it be a straight swap?

And finally would it be fairly straight forward?

I remember that some1 with a tornado red had this done-mibby 146jockey?

Cheers Fraser

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong but expect to pay £900-1250 for a G60 lump. You would also need a complete G60 wiring loom, the intercooler and pipework, digifant 1 engine management (ECU) etc. Complete G60 engines should come with all this. G60 chargers can be had from £600-1000 for reconditioned examples and up to £1500 for a new one from the dealer etc. I think the G60 and 16V gearboxs are very similar (ratios perhaps slightly different), so would be ok to use. It would probably be possible to do yourself but it's a fairly involved job so perhaps left to a garage etc (?). Best people to talk to would be G-man from G-Werks or any of the Pitstop Developments team who would be able to advise you fully and in far greater detail,

Cheers

BigEastsideVWG60

Cheers Big Guy-if i was going to do this id probably buy a cheap G60 golf or raddo-always see few of them for abot £1500 upwards-that way i can break the car make some money back and also see the engine working in a car.

Cheers Fraser