polo_corrado_rims

Wheel Help!

Hey All, Ive searched the forum and half the internet and read so many differing bits of advice and info given to other people not sure whats right!

I have a 2.0 16v that I was looking to put some Mercedes wheels onto either 16" or 17" depending on what I can get of ebay!!! Anyway, I've seen some adapters for 4x100-5x112 available, now am I right in saying all I will need to get some mercedes rims to fit my car will be these adapters or will I need some spacers aswell or any other work doing?

Cheers for the info!

Also, while Im at it, will it be the same deal for Porsche rims? Just a 4x100-5x130 adapter and thats it?

Thanks all!

Not actually just as simple as that, there are several things to bear in mind. The standard wheels on your Corrado will have an offset of either et33 or et35 depending on whether they are 6 or 6.5 inches wide. Be sure that you know the offset of your new wheels before you buy adapters which come in a variety of widths in 5mm steps. For example if you buy a set of Porsche 928 rims the offset will be et65. To make them sit in the same position as your standard wheels you will need a set of 30mm (65 -35) adapters although you might well want to use a wider set of adapters to push the wheel slightly further out (for example 35mm or possibly 40mm) Bear in mind also that the rims that you fit may well be already wider than the stock wheels which will also have the effect of pushing them out. If you use this formula you will not go far wrong ......... adapter thickness equals the difference in the offset of the new wheel minus the offset of the standard wheel although as stated you could go 10-15mm wider to set the wheel out a bit more. You will find the offset of the wheel stamped on the inside of the rim. It will be a number preceded by the letters et.

Not actually just as simple as that, there are several things to bear in mind. The standard wheels on your Corrado will have an offset of either et33 or et35 depending on whether they are 6 or 6.5 inches wide. Be sure that you know the offset of your new wheels before you buy adapters which come in a variety of widths in 5mm steps. For example if you buy a set of Porsche 928 rims the offset will be et65. To make them sit in the same position as your standard wheels you will need a set of 30mm (65 -35) adapters although you might well want to use a wider set of adapters to push the wheel slightly further out (for example 35mm or possibly 40mm) Bear in mind also that the rims that you fit may well be already wider than the stock wheels which will also have the effect of pushing them out. If you use this formula you will not go far wrong ......... adapter thickness equals the difference in the offset of the new wheel minus the offset of the standard wheel although as stated you could go 10-15mm wider to set the wheel out a bit more. You will find the offset of the wheel stamped on the inside of the rim. It will be a number preceded by the letters et.

I knew it was too good to be true!

Cheers Mate for the advice!