Sign in to follow this  
jamest

corrado care!

i am just about to be the proud owner of my first rado after months of looking! it is a mint vr, 63000 with full vwsh!

the only thing is, without sounding like a cowboy, i like to rag it!!! :D

my last mk2 golf gti took a bit of a beating :shock: and i want to look after my rado and not trash it whilst still using the :evil: performance!

any ideas for keepin my new beauty in good shape would be greatly appreciated.... :roll:

i am just about to be the proud owner of my first rado after months of looking!

Nice one 8)

Mine gets a good thrashing too. I just go to the "hand car wash" here in Leeds a couple of times a month to keep it clean.

dont rag it, ma man. Chews fuel big time!! You'll soon learn after a few weeks of ownership. You dont need to rag it to get places fast!

Well done in buying it though, sounds a beauty. How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

P.s. The grin on your face from driving a VR never goes away!! I still have mine and I've had mine nearly a year.

ta

Simon

Well.. engine wise, change the oil on it every 5,000 miles.. and also keep the servicing up to date and on time..

And ALWAYS let the engine warm up before giving it any stick... use the MFA and when its hit 80 centigrade, then general consencus is that its at a good operating temperature.

If ever giving my car stick, I normally also go for a regular speed drive afterwards to let the car get back to normal operating temperatures, rather than roasting it then just going home. Though as I drive like a fairy, thats rarely an issue :)

Engine-wise:-dont go over 3k revs til the oil-temp is over 74 degrees on the MFA............always keep an eye on the fluid levels........only use VW coolant and a good quality fully or semi synthetic oil

Bodywork wise, use a good quality product, preferably not an all-in-one, and wash regularly, especially the wheels, every week, wax monthly and it will stay looking great for ages.

John.

CHEERS! guess the general concencus is- treat it nice, warm it up first then get stuck in!!!

sound like anything else?!?! :D :lol: :D :lol:

anyway picking it up from london on thursday so looking forward to the M40............ 8)

consencus

You havin' a "bad hair day" today Jim ?. :lol: :lol:

consensus

Aye steve... thats just one of those words that I always spell incorrectly ;)

To sda2489, i forgot to say before- I paid 5 and a half grand for it. what do you reckon- good price?

The only problem is with the sunroof :cry: , but I thought that is a small price to pay when the engine appears as sweet as it does :D

what is the view of the experts- does it sound like a good price for a genuine car?

The only problem is with the sunroof :cry:

Common problem - repair kit available, approx £75 from memory

To sda2489, i forgot to say before- I paid 5 and a half grand for it. what do you reckon- good price?

The only problem is with the sunroof :cry: , but I thought that is a small price to pay when the engine appears as sweet as it does :D

what is the view of the experts- does it sound like a good price for a genuine car?

Bargain at that price!! Could have easily forked out another garnd if not more for a storm of that milage. You must have done some good haggling!! 8)

"CHEERS! guess the general concencus is- treat it nice, warm it up first then get stuck in!!!

sound like anything else?!?! "

I liked that comment, my girlfriend coming home this weekend. haven't seen her for 7 weeks. I'll be talking that advice! :lol:

timo