ben_wooduk

Windscreen & grill question??

Hi all,

I brought a VR6 today which had a new windscreen fitted about a year ago. This windscreen has a green sun strip at the top of it (factory fitted), my question is . . . Is this a bog standard common windscreen or were the green tinted ones only supplied with certain models, (sorry for the dumb question but curiosity has beaten me!!)

Also, the front grill has two slots filled in at the top?? Why on gods name would they do that? Every other grill I have had has had 3 empty spaces where air can pass through? But this is the only I have seen like this.

screen is aftermarket, never standard but useful to have!

Grill is original for UK market but as you say not great for cooling, new ones are all fully open

screen is aftermarket, never standard but useful to have!

Grill is original for UK market but as you say not great for cooling, new ones are all fully open

How bizarre!! I'll be buying a new grill then.

Cheers mate.

Apparently it makes virtually no different to cooling the engine, despite what you might think.

Apparently it makes virtually no different to cooling the engine, despite what you might think.

Really? I might spend my money else where then.

2' Centigade on oil temp typically.

I often wonder if it was done for aerodynamic reasons like the BlueMotions of today.

Or cos the front spoiler shortened and more air volume could go in under the bumper and up over the engine as a result. So they wanted less flow through the radiator.

The 8v I bought off your brother had a grill with slats filled in.

Did it??? Well i never noticed that before!! And i owned that car for 2 years!! :oops:

Mind you i was a complete Rado noob at the time and was probably too scared to touch anything.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

2' Centigade on oil temp typically.

I often wonder if it was done for aerodynamic reasons like the BlueMotions of today.

Or cos the front spoiler shortened and more air volume could go in under the bumper and up over the engine as a result. So they wanted less flow through the radiator.

Interesting theory, although i expect we shall never know!

Well if it even makes the smallest of differences to the temperature i suppose it is worth doing, especially if the 50mm splitter is making way for a 90 :)