HF TURBO

93/K corrado vr6 wont fire NO Spark

i read the x relay in another thread so i thought i'd try it. i've now changed the knock sensor and still no change.

the ignition switch was from gsf, so i'm tempted to try a vw one. i know what you mean about the auto electrician mate. i've had two guys come down have a little gander establish there no spark and then they say they need wiring diagrams etc so they'll come back another time and never do.

the car sits very low so its next to impossible to get it on a recovery truck. i think i might be on my own for this one lol

i've stripped most of the front end down to gain access to the knock sensor so now i've got a bit more room to play around with it.

i also managed to borrow a friends snap on scanner, ordered an adapter for it. only to find no codes. one thing i did see was the coolant temp readings, it was showing -49. i wouldn't have thought the cts would cut spark though.

any suggestions guys?

Edited by HF TURBO
double post

If its got an aftermarket alarm then I would remove the loom from the ignition/stalks to the fuse board and replace it with an uncut one( mk3 golf ignition loom). The only difference on the mk3 loom is the headlight beam wiring needs an extra cable, easily sorted.

This will bypass any immobiliser/alarm issues to do with the ignition.

I can give you more details if you think it's related to this.

it had an alarm system mate just removed it a couple of weeks ago and it still has no spark. i think the only thing i havent tried is another ecu.

have you got a bentley manual for the wiring diagrams?