Ruggy

280mm calipers/carriers, which donor?

I'm wanting to upgrade my brakes to 280mm, as understand it I can use the calipers/carriers off a G60 or VR6 & then buy 280mm discs. From memory my old mk3 Golf gti also had 280mm brakes so would I also be able to use calipers/carriers from the mk3? As these cars were quite common I'm counting on there been more parts out there and therefore cheaper than buying somebody's G60 set up.

Cheers

i have some 280mm carriers sat in the garage and you could have them for £15 posted if you need them.

i recentely cleaned all the corrosion off them and they probably need a quick wipe and ready for painting

i have some 280mm carriers sat in the garage and you could have them for £15 posted if you need them.

i recentely cleaned all the corrosion off them and they probably need a quick wipe and ready for painting

Sounds good to me. As I understand it, I can use 280mm carriers with my smaller calipers and then fit 280mm discs?

If that's the case I'll bite yer hand off for those carriers!!

Here are the photos i said i'd get, they look quite dark in the photos but are metal coloured in real life.

2011-08-24110950.jpg

2011-08-24111136.jpg

2011-08-24111014.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

btw, i will check what the postage will cost, as last time i posted something and made up a price i stitched myself up