owen g60

suspension top mounts

Hi,

I have terribles wheel wobble and a clunking noise when steering... i have had the front end apart today and my top mounts are shot.

can anybody recommend where would be best to get them from, i have checked and GSF and Euro car parts both have them. There are also a few on ebay that say they will fit.

any other suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Owen

4 cylinder up to 1994, or vr6 and late 4 cyl? Pattern bits can vary wildly in quality but vag bits will be 4 times the cost for early one piece mounts.

I wouldn't buy the e-bay ones simply because of the problem of returning anything that is faulty or fails early, GSF and ECP have always been very good at replacing faulty parts for me if anything does fail, and I have had good and bad results with pattern top mounts of that type, ultimately though if you plan to keep the car or have uprated suspension, VAG ones may be a worthwhile investment.

i have replaced the passenger top mount and it is now solid... need to do the drivers one.

will need the brass collar that bolts down onto the top mount... any ideas where to get one or if someone has one spare i will happily take it