bmcc

Newbie with G60

Well after wee bit of looking, finally got a g60!

Good amount of history with car, recent serviced and rebuilt charger by G-Werks

Coilovers, twin induction, uprated headlight loom and more

has few little things i need to fix out, sunroof only tilts and doesnt slide, drivers window wont go down and looking to replace interior with darker cloth or leather rather than the grey interior as looking very used and old! also need a passenger side inside door panel as where speaker is mounted full panel is falling off.

Other than that, very happy with car and drives very full, has more spec but just a quick post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48809[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48810[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48811[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48812[/ATTACH]

Edited by bmcc

Nice... boost return mod looks well done too, although the cone filters aren't the best. You should consider getting one of these http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=172 else you'll just be taking in the warm engine air and kinda negating the benefit that the mod provides.

Also, try cleaning the grey cloth first... I had amazing results from just using a carpet cleaner!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48814[/ATTACH] Chalk and cheese!

ooo and the door cards... unless the card is broken you can still buy the clips that hold them in place new from VW for about £0.30 each ;)

Welcome to the forum!

very nice .... love the smoked rears

im guessing that you have a full cloth platinum grey interior? if you want the door cards i have drivers and pass going spare in grey?

Cheers for comments, am not sure what type of alloys they are and il be looking to change them soon

they look to me like OZ superleggera's, they're really light i believe.

Yep.. OZ Superleggera's :)

Not sure yet what style to go for, but i will definately be changing them over

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

with the boost return hoses, or whatever they are attached to charger, how does charger get oil from engine to lubricate as there is no visible connection and there is a breather cone type thing on side of engine, if that makes sense?

with the boost return hoses, or whatever they are attached to charger, how does charger get oil from engine to lubricate as there is no visible connection and there is a breather cone type thing on side of engine, if that makes sense?

not quite sure what your getting at tbh honest...

The boost return hose isn't on your charger any-more as at some point someone has popped in a second cone filter. It would usually go from the engine to the top right hand side of the charger (where now you have a tube going from the charger to a second cone filter). The idea with a boost return is that the excess boost made during idle and part throttle is reused and popped back into the charger. Trouble is that this air can be a little warmer than fresh air so people some times just let the excess boost get lost into the engine bay and fit an extra air intake to the right hand side of the charger (or blank off the right hand side altogether). But all that is to do with the air from and too the charger...

The oil is taken from the engine via this pipe

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48815[/ATTACH]

it's a small bradded pressure hose.

oh right no probs, sorry kind of new to the whole supercharger thing, haha learned something new :)

going to be looking into further mods in that department in future, but firstly as its running well i want to concentrate on getting bodywork good and resprayed probably, change of wheels and wee annoying things fixed, looked at the link for the better setup for cone filters but wonder how much better it would be for the car

looked at the link for the better setup for cone filters but wonder how much better it would be for the car

not much... tbh, the modification itself is not that dramatic as it only helps cool the air at part throttle. When you give it the beans you open the throttle body up all the way and all the boost is used so there is no boost return anyway. But at part throttle the mod would only help if the air it's taking in is cool and not hot... Cone filters tend to suck air in from all over the place (including the hot engine bay!) while a air box only takes in air from the cool incoming air guide behing the front grill. But in terms of extra BHP... you're not going to see a hudge difference. If your happy with the cone filters then stick with them.... I just LOVE the look at that SMG airbox!! :lol:

Check out this link.... Tells you all you need to know about chargers and g60 tuning

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/g60_tuning.html

a nice 68mm pulley if you don't have one already would help you to see close to 180bhp :D

i am not sure if have a 68mm pulley already but will try find out, can get a future mod to charger or bigger etc? will be looking at more power mods in future, has a full s/s exhaust system, have 3 folders worth of receipts and has a lot of history, and from vw as well.

Ideally i want it cosmetically sound as there really aint that much to be done, a good clean to start with, want a new interior as seats have aged like i commented, few little nicks and tears in them, is it even possible to have them retrimmed? i want either dark cloth interior and everything dark, or cream or black leather. And i think a full respray in its original colour again just to really freshen it up, then find nice set of wheels to sit on and il be happy with that, work offshore so dont get that much time to do stuff but when im home will be working progress :)

thanks for all replies already and look forward to enjoying the corrado community :)

You can get the existing charger ported (if it's not done already) that helps up the power. As for your seats the bulsters are not available any more but the cloth can be removed and a good auto interior place could re-trim the car easily enough... Not cheap thou!

I'm sure you'll get the hand of her soon. You've come to the right place :D

---

- Sent from my iPhone you lemon!

well the alloys are superlegga lightweight ones, in good condition with good tread on them, 17" will be looking for a change, maybe a swap with someone? really like 5 spoke type alloys, azev's etc

probably after xmas may look at doing some engine/charger work. How low can you really go on coilovers with 17' wheels on? think it could little lower than its sitting just now

how much would it cost for 68mm pulley and what other mods are needed to go with it? a chip? also the porting of charger, im thinking of getting more power from car bit sooner than i expected, also looking to see what better intercooler to fit and what other steps to take

chip and pulley is about £190 from jabba sport.... there are other companies such as G werks, SNS and BBM who also do similar products... Its all down to personal preference

have some history receipts from g werks as it is, i have no preference as never dealt with companies personally as of yet, is it a simple mod to carry out?

i already have the pulley and have told them the work that i have done... thay will make up a chip to match anything you have done ed: head work, cams etc