bmcc

Newbie with G60

was looking on g werks and jabba website. G-werks seems to be a lot more expensive by the looks of it if they are doing same job

Jabba sport have mixed reviews, some people love them others have had issues with 'apparent' work done. I.e. Having a charger ported only to find out it's not been, or a poor job etc. I have never used them personally but avoided them because of poor reviews; just do a quick search and make your own opinion up.

G-Werks are highly regarded among the G60 Community for their level of excellent work. But customer relations have slipped drastically in the past few months according to a few people. I have had experience with this first hand and thus I cant recommended them as a company, although I'm sure other people will. Once again do a search on G-werks and make your own mind up.

SNS chips are very good quality too, they have an anti-lag feature which reduces the digi-lag some people experience. Most companies will have different chips for all different mods. I actually have a G-werks Eprom in mine but soon will try an SNS chip as I have fitted some new mods so now have some flat spots.

Best bet is do have a little search on the different companies and see what reviews you like. In my experience most products from the likes of Jabba, G-Werks, SNS, BBM are all of similar quality, it's just from time to time you get a bad one or poor service and someone screams about it.

well was in touch with previous owner and seems already have 68mm pulley and chip fitted, also charger was rebuilt not so long ago and new casing fitted on it, he thinks by looks of charger inlet that it has been ported in past but not by himself.

your g60 seems quite specced enthusiast! was just looking at shrick baffled sumps etc, what sort of power are you getting from your car?

A realistic 200bhp I would say. 220bhp on a very optimistic, good day maybe? It's getting a rolling road set up in the next month so I will know for sure.

The baffled sump won't add any power, just cool the oil ever so slightly and stop oil starvation on fast corners. I only fitted it as it came on a spare engine I have.

yeah im looking at good mods as well as power ones, no point upgrading and not getting the basics done either to improve everything in a whole

well the alloys are superlegga lightweight ones, in good condition with good tread on them, 17" will be looking for a change, maybe a swap with someone? really like 5 spoke type alloys, azev's etc

probably after xmas may look at doing some engine/charger work. How low can you really go on coilovers with 17' wheels on? think it could little lower than its sitting just now

You'd be welcome to mine if you like them :) Tyres are 215/40/17s - two brand new (~50 miles - 8mm tread) and two part-worn with 5.5mm.

corrado-cleaned.jpg

Mine's as low as you'd really want to go (if not lower!) - lovely on the motorway but incredibly uncomfortable over speed bumps and the tyres rub at full lock. I didn't drop it myself but I'd be surprised if it was less than 70mm... When the rest of my parts arrive it's going onto some new coilovers so I can raise it back up again, the roads around here are shocking, and the low-profile tyres don't help...

Stone

no thanks mate, dont like that style of 5 spoke with the groove down middle, im thinking about getting these

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49009[/ATTACH]

car was away today to get tracking done, was my gf that took it as im offshore, but she said they couldnt do it as something on drivers side wouldnt let loose, they tried heating it up to no effect, now i dont fully know what she means but thats what she is telling me, is it probably the wheel on to tight? or what other piece of car would be used to do for tracking

Not sure yet what style to go for, but i will definately be changing them over

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

with the boost return hoses, or whatever they are attached to charger, how does charger get oil from engine to lubricate as there is no visible connection and there is a breather cone type thing on side of engine, if that makes sense?

the boost return would have circulated an oily mist in with the hot air to help lube the strips , you now have to manualy spray some lube in there now n then to keep them lubed...g werks will sell you a can

the factory hoses mist oil from the engine breather on top of the rocker cover to the second inlet of the charger.

there is also a second small braided hose that comes from the engine to the charger to lubricate other parts.

if you wish to remove the boost return you must put a filter on the ISV pipe, disconnect the original hoses, then put a blanking plate on the second charger port.

There are 2 ways of dealing with the mist from the engine breather, one is to run a pipe from it down to ground so as not to cover the bay in oil, or run a pipe from the breather to the blanking plate on the charger (I have opted for the second option so the charger still recieves the oil mist)

well i think its time that i may have to sell the car, as im defo needing a car with more seats! :(

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

bcaf215f-1.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

and it just flew through its mot, only needing a fuse replaced in uprated loom for headlight and two bulbs for reg plate at rear :)