Stonejag

Temperature gauge? + Lots of other bits!

Just picked the VR6 up from the garage - not too painful an experience for my wallet (this time...!) but it did throw up a fairly hefty list of bits I need.

Biggest concern right now is that my temp gauge doesn't work - it flickers a couple of mm from time to time but normally just sits on the lower endstop. The garage bloke replaced the sender in the head to see if that fixed it but it didn't so it looks like the gauge itself is broken :( My MFA works perfectly so it would be gutting if I had to replace the temp/fuel/MFA unit whole...could I swap bits from a working gauge into it, maybe?

Also need:

A rear ABS sensor - are the non-OEM ones for £15 on the 'bay any cop?

an intake manifold temperature sensor

'heater box stat' (think thats for the cabin heater?)

ABS warning light - my one has part number 535 919 235BA

steering column has pretty excessive (~10mm) play up and down, even when the height adjustment's locked - are they all like this? If not would replacing the top of the column sort it, and are they different for the different engine options? Can you swap ignition barrels between columns if you have the keys? (finally have 4 matching locks so not dead keen on retumbling three of them...)

A sunroof motor

The plastic tunnel in the passenger footwell that the interior blower plugs into - it's in two bits, top and bottom, (part number on the lower half looks like 192 319 015 / 192 319 052 A but that might be a little off!) Ideally I need both bits but I might have enough clips left to manage with just the bottom one.

My boot lock has seized such that I can't get the key in - assuming I can unbolt it from inside the boot trim panel, can I just swap in a new cylinder or do I need a whole new mech?

That'll do for now, any and all leads gratefully received! I do have a few spare bits taken off the car (driver's door catch, driver's double window buttons, a full set of clear/chrome rear clusters in pretty good nick, eyebrow spoiler and silver-badged grille both in Blackberry, OE airbox) which I'd happily trade for stuff if anybody wants them. Just let me know!

Cheers,

Stone

Hi Stone,

Can't help with much apart from the rear ABS sensor. I have one that I removed from my 8V which was literally on for a couple of months before I was forced to replace it when I did the ABS upgrade at the same time as the TDi conversion. I also have one which I removed from a VR6 which I broke, which again looks almost new. One is genuine VAG but the other is Febi, however I can't see the difference between them! Looking for £30 posted for the VAG one, £25 posted for the Febi item.

I've also got a steering column in good condition, again removed from the VR6. The ignition barrels can indeed be retumbled and its not too difficult, there's a guide done by Kev (I think) somewhere on how to do it.

If you want the column and a sensor then I'll do the pair for £50 posted - let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

Tom

Just picked the VR6 up from the garage - not too painful an experience for my wallet (this time...!) but it did throw up a fairly hefty list of bits I need.

Biggest concern right now is that my temp gauge doesn't work - it flickers a couple of mm from time to time but normally just sits on the lower endstop. The garage bloke replaced the sender in the head to see if that fixed it but it didn't so it looks like the gauge itself is broken :( My MFA works perfectly so it would be gutting if I had to replace the temp/fuel/MFA unit whole...could I swap bits from a working gauge into it, maybe?

Also need:

A rear ABS sensor - are the non-OEM ones for £15 on the 'bay any cop?

an intake manifold temperature sensor

'heater box stat' (think thats for the cabin heater?)

ABS warning light - my one has part number 535 919 235BA

steering column has pretty excessive (~10mm) play up and down, even when the height adjustment's locked - are they all like this? If not would replacing the top of the column sort it, and are they different for the different engine options? Can you swap ignition barrels between columns if you have the keys? (finally have 4 matching locks so not dead keen on retumbling three of them...)

A sunroof motor

The plastic tunnel in the passenger footwell that the interior blower plugs into - it's in two bits, top and bottom, (part number on the lower half looks like 192 319 015 / 192 319 052 A but that might be a little off!) Ideally I need both bits but I might have enough clips left to manage with just the bottom one.

My boot lock has seized such that I can't get the key in - assuming I can unbolt it from inside the boot trim panel, can I just swap in a new cylinder or do I need a whole new mech?

That'll do for now, any and all leads gratefully received! I do have a few spare bits taken off the car (driver's door catch, driver's double window buttons, a full set of clear/chrome rear clusters in pretty good nick, eyebrow spoiler and silver-badged grille both in Blackberry, OE airbox) which I'd happily trade for stuff if anybody wants them. Just let me know!

Cheers,

Stone

Not sure what you mean by the temp gauge - is this the actual needle in the HUD - if so I have the HUD/MFA for sale on ?96000 miles

Rear ABS sensor - fully working - just needs removing but available

Interior heater thermostat - havent sold it yet so means I have it still - will have to find it.

ABS light - I think I have one left! Will check the code

Steering column and brackets etc are all still available - not sure about the exchanging of barrells

Lower blower channelling - still available (top also)

Full set of locks available and ignition also with 2 keys (should you work out how to get the ignition barrel out)

Get in contact via PM and we can talk prices

Based in Bath

Tim

Thanks chaps, PM sent to Tim :)

I'm also after a non-rattly mount for the ashtray and cig lighter socket (mine's very loose and neither lock into the dash properly) and the plastic gearshift surround for an auto - bit of a long shot on that one I know!

Edited by Stonejag

I have a steering column, a sunroof motor and boot lock.

£45 + postage (should be between £5-10)

Let me know via text or PM if you want them.

07951 244 255. Daz

You should be able to change the key barrel in the the boot lock and the ignition barrel/ steering lock mechanism can be swapped over, there are two 10mm bolts that hold it on then you put the key in to hold the steering lock pin out and with a bit of a jimmy wriggle it comes off.

I know this because I just went out to the garage and done it, it took about 5 mins (steering column is off the car though) may be a bit trickier to get the new one back on.

Stop press, a VR6 being broken has found me. Should be sorted for all the bits now :)

Cheers,

Stone

Edited by Stonejag