robrado974

what is this part ?

Sorry guys your going to have to be clever for this one . I was fitting a new dizzy and rotor arm because the vr will not start [no spark ]. I happend to look across to the back by bulk head ,underneath the headertank and saw a bracket hanging there with an electrical plug on it .This was plugged in but looked like it should attached to something . The part also had what looked like a resistor attached to it .Did not have the camera with me , n like a dope i did not write the part no down !regards rob

You are describing the wirewound resistor and its mounting bracket. Fits on the ABS Pump on the front inboard side. Its part of the EDL electrical circuit which uses the ABS. (EDL = Electronic Differential Lock - works upto 25mph provinding the steering is betweeen 10 'oclock and 2 o'clock when you set off. Outside this arc of steering wheel position, the system is defeated and the wheel(s) spin if road grip is poor. In UK known as TCS = Traction Control System)

Edited by RW1

RW1 is Mr Corrado... there is very little he doesn't know about the inner workings of these things :)