little andrew

VW registered corrado's

After watching this video in another thread http://youtu.be/d6bD1aoXHkw it got me thinking (dangerous I no) does anyone know anything about vw's press corrado's? How many they registered each year and what there duties were including registration numbers? Long shot I no, just the car in the video is a blackberry vr6 L703ONH (was also used in a road test in top gear magazine), I too have a blackberry vr6 L715ONH, there almost related. According to my service history book a delivery inspection was carried out on 02-12-93 by V.A.G (United Kingdom) Limited, Yeomans Drive, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN (vw hq). The car was officially registered with the dvla on the 01-01-94 and its first service was carried out on the 31-05-94 by listers vw in coventry having done 9537 miles in less than 6 months. Just wondered whether my car had an exciting past as a press car or vw just registered a few and let people thrash em around for a few months. Just curious really :bonk:

Edited by little andrew

Erm... Its L703 ONH!

Looks like yours was a lease car. Had a Scirocco Mk2 like that. Did 9,000 miles then a the dealer bid for it. Regular thing in the '90's with 9,000 or 18,000 mile contracts on 6, 12, 18, 24 month contracts. Listers must have won the bidding. Corrado could have been anywhere in the UK with a user.

Erm... Its L703 ONH!

Oh yeah :brickwall:, I was up late for me. Thats my excuse plus even though I've had the car a year and a half it spends most its life in the garage so I don't see the reg number that often.