andycowuk

Snow Foam - Alkaline vs PH Balanced - Why should I care?

Hi,

I bought a snow foam lance and snow foam from AutoPerfection last year and its just about done now so i need to get some more. I hate paying for postage on stuff, so was hoping to pick up locally, so my local choices are...

Obviously quite a spread on £/L, so want to know why on earth I should consider the PH balanced one... sounds like Dove for cars, when I don't need a soft/moist car.

What are you using?

Anderw

ph will effect how it reacts with the paint. high ph may bleach the paint and low ph may damage the paint (acidic). TBH though, the amount of water you put on your car anyway It's probably not going to matter much!

i use the valet pro ph neutral stuff, i think some others will strip the wax protection etc

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

just checked your links and the last two are detergents/TFR and will strip any wax you have applied. Ideal if your starting from scratch, but if you then go on to polish and wax the car you would want a ph neutral wash

Thanks both, thats useful.

The lance is adjustable so I know I can adjust, but I am only really getting 4-5 washes from a ltr of product just now (otherwise the foam is too thin) - how many washes are you getting from one bottle of valet pro?

Cheers

Andrew

i use about 150ml per wash.

what type of lance do you have? Do you mix the snow foam with anything else? i used to add a bit of shampoo but don't bother with that anymore

Where you get the lances from, got a pressure washer sat doing nothing with no lance, so a snow foam lance would be ideal. Are they standard fitments?

Just put a link to my one in my previous post... you choose the fitment to suit your machine.

or a place called autobrite does them too

you should be getting good results andycowuk, i use the autobrite lance and a karcher and get decent foam with no effort

Autobrite lance is the best lance on the market, they do deals in detailing world

My mate bought a lance with 10 litres of magi foam for £60 posted!

Ph neutral is for stripping wax and sealant's

i use about 150ml per wash.

what type of lance do you have? Do you mix the snow foam with anything else? i used to add a bit of shampoo but don't bother with that anymore

I found adding shampoo ruins the effects of the snowfoam

just checked your links and the last two are detergents/TFR and will strip any wax you have applied. Ideal if your starting from scratch, but if you then go on to polish and wax the car you would want a ph neutral wash

Ph neutral is for stripping wax and sealant's

Which way round is it - neutral or alkaline to protect previous waxing?

Which way round is it - neutral or alkaline to protect previous waxing?

You need PH neutral to protect wax and sealant, sealant are getting better and more popular than wax

Valet pro orange pre wash is good! It's a citrus based pre wash that you can dilute and spray on with a pump up bottle good for flies and loose crap ;)

Edited by robo22sri