OllieVR6

Nervous about the MOT!

Well I have finally booked the C for MOT, it expired months ago and has been sitting ever since. It's been a long time coming, I have been putting it off as I'm worried it will fail....but if I don't get it done, I'll never know I spose.

Anyone else get nervous at MOT time? I know it's stupid, but just can't help it! Made worse as this is the first time I have used this test station, the guy I used to go to appears to have dropped off the face of the earth :scratch:

I put mine in 2 weeks ago.........which was 2 weeks early, to allow for the work i thought it would need...........passed with flying colours ,no advisories, only issue was a rear number plate bulb being out, which they changed on the spot :)

I hate MOT's too. I now use the same place and stay for the MOT and watch it happening. I ilke to see exactly what's wrong and feel there is less chance of someone being 'at it' if I'm watching and it's clear they won't get any business to fix it.

The place I go to are very fair tho and use advisories wisely rather than just fail :)

I think most people feel the same about mot time, I know people who sell there car before it gets to 3 years old to avoid it. I always found with proper maintenence a VW would pass at least the first 6 mot's with no probs. My 96 VR6 passed a couple of months ago only needed new front pads and discs. So grit yer teeth and let the buggers poke it's sills with a sharp screwdriver!!!!