87 Jetta 16v

Aux Belt Tensioner and Handbrake Centre Console in Black

Hi All,

Continued issues this week are...

Does anyone have a aux belt tensioner with a nice smooth silent bearing, and...

The plastic trim that sits around the handbrake lever. Not the actual lever cover, but the surround that goes between the seats. Upper part only. Must have both fixing points intact, the one below the handbrake and the one underneath the rear ashtray.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Neal.

Aux belt tensioner - remind me if you have a VR or not? if so is this the Serpentine belt tensioner?? If so I have one, will check bearing later for signs of squeak, I also have the trim but the front screw hole is slightly broken, could easily put a clip on it that would hide the break.

Let me know matey

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yep, that sounds like the two items. The car is indeed a VR, so the ally lump with the plastic pulley bolted on...without grumbling or squeaks please, so if you turn by hand it should be nice and smooth, unlike mine that developed a fault while it wasn't even on the car, lol :)

No squeaks, runs fine, still has the correct bolt in it to hold off the tenson!!

Looking for £20 for the pulley plus postage, and £8 for the tunnel cover (rear screw hole fully intact, front only slightly broken - still functional) plus postage, so if sent in slow time would be around £34 for both posted.

What do you reckon.

Tim

Sorry Neal, missed the fact that you had replied, the forum isnt flagging up unanswered posts properly for some reason! Yep - have indeed got the lower part with all fixings intact - it has a home made ali bracket for the front fixing due to the normal broken screw hole. Further £8 for the lower part?

£42 for the lot posted?

T

Neal all packaged up and ready to go, have received the money - must confess - I did say all the fixings were intact on the lower part - however, two of the four screw fixings have slightly snapped (1/2 of each one is still there so will still grip). Are you happy with this or do you want me to take it out and send some money back??

Tim