hawwy

gearbox box problem vr6

well early morning cold start my car seems not to go into gear , its very hard , and when i try putting it in gears u can hear it grinding sometimes i just have to force them in, when cars warm they seem to go in easy enough, what can it be? help please

Sure its not the clutch fully disengaging?

ie clutch slave or clutch master cylinder is on the way out.

What happens if you put it in 1st gear and hold the clutch, does the car creep (on level gound)?

Sure its not the clutch fully disengaging?

ie clutch slave or clutch master cylinder is on the way out.

What happens if you put it in 1st gear and hold the clutch, does the car creep (on level gound)?

yes it starts moving, what do i need to buy?

Edited by hawwy

Well it can either end... clutch slave cylindr or clutch master cylinder. Slave is cheapest located on the top of the gear box with the curly pipe to it. Easy enough to do.

But check one thing before doing so.... the brake fluid reservoir is full to the top shoulder just belwo the cap. The sidewall feed may have become uncovered letting air into the clutch hydraulic circuit.

If it has dropped down the resevoir more than halfway, then inspect all your brake hoses (6 off) and brake pipe for a possible small leak.

i would change your gearbox oil aswell when you sort other prob.changed mine and its so much beter changing gear now

brake fluid is full, and its still almost impossible to get gears in on cold start

Start looking at the Clutch Slave cylinder first, then the Master Clutch cylinder.

So if you find the above Slave and Master cylinders are sound, then the Slave cylinder maybe pushing on nothing to release the clutch plate from the flywheel. In the extreme, the clutch pressure diaphram fingers inside the clutch mechanism may have been broken or the Clutch Lever Arm has become bent.

is there no way to check the slave/master cylinder/s without replacing them?or i have to replace to check?

and is master cylinder big job?or>?

cheers