carrots

no fogs or heated window

hi took my car to the garage today,when it was on the ramp i thought why not fix the outside temp and drivers fog which has never worked ,i was told it was most prob because the outside temp and fog plugs are the wrong way around.swopped um around and outside temp now works.tried the fog lights and none work.ive noticed the fog light switch dont light up anymore and the heated window switch dont aswell.ive checked the fuses and they are fine.not sure if its since ive done the heater matrix.any ideas anyone

Fuses 9 & 10.

No common wiring.

Check rear connection P (9 pin blue connector) on the back of the relay/fuse plate is fully home and locked into the plate, if you went there when changing the heater matrix.

checked fuses there fine.i will check that 9 pin plug in morn just incase.if it was just the fogs or rear window i would say switch but not both switches.i mite test for power at plug for switches aswell

Reason I ask is because one possible is the relief relay "X" and its 12 volt output voltage supply has failed if they listed above are also not working. The relay is marked "18" on the top face. Its in the No.4 position which is the second row of relays above the fuse row and 4th in from the centre console side.

If the above wipers & internal fan don't work also, for the relay 18,

1) Check its there!

2) Push it fully home

3) Substitute just in case the contacts have got open circuit.

Edited by RW1

i will have a look at that in morn,ive had a prob with wiper relay in past i have to wiggle it sometimes to get front wipers to work.cheers for that.just checked my tool box and ive got a number 18 relay spare

Edited by carrots

That has to be wiring. Look at the connectors for each near the headlight area - follow wiring back through bumper and upwards. There's a two pin connection in the looms.

The only other point is a 2 way splice (for each fog +ve supply) inside the headlight wiring loom even further back.