Alex_G60_Fanatic

Adjusting the power steering pump

yes, to tension the belt, but you need to slacken 14/18 and possibly 19/20, trouble is that diagram is a bit generic, you need to make sure the 13mm bolts that move in slots holding the pump in it's cradle are free to slide as you tension up 26.

in that pic 14/18 is to secure the bracket so shouldn't need to be done; the one on the right side of the pump that needs to be undone is 19/20.

you also need to do bolt 21 on the pulley side, nut 24 on the back of the eyelet

no worries, I did do a photo how-to ages ago on here somewhere for the 16v which is basically the same.

Also, on my 8v I found that the bracketry needed shimming slightly, in fact I ovalled out the holes for bolts 15 and 16 too to allow a bit of adjustment, as the pulley wasn't parallel with the crank pulley, just used a steel rule edge to check this.

I think I'm going to have a go at adjusting the pump first David but if I can't get a nice tight belt I think I may have to change the brackets rather than drilling or shimming... Reason being i think the belt is loose because the pump got a nasty smack....

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44782-Alex-s-G60-Mistress-The-Crash...-Pg-39/page39

Can some one help me out for part numbers for the following parts shown bellow please? My Vagcat online seems to not be working correctly...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49107[/ATTACH]