l16ydl

My 2.0 16v

Well, I finally decided to get a Corrado. Didnt really like them before but for some reason i i took a real liking to them. This one i found on Autotrader, rang the guy up on the day he advertised it and put my deposit down, picked it up on Saturday and i love it. And here it is:

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

When i picked up the car, i was worried that it wouldnt have much power but it pulls really. As you can see its got Black leather seats which i dont think it came from factory as the dash and carpet are in grey. The car came with more than i bargained for which is always good, this is what its got:

K&N Panel Filter

Rage cat-back system

De-cat

Coilovers

In-Pro Angel Eye Headlights

M3 Rear Lights

But like most there are a few faults, heres the fault:

The car has been resprayed at some point and theres overspay on the trim (pictured)

the angel eyes dont work

the exhaust knock on the beam

The temp gauge doesnt read properly

the windscreen wipers are crap

theres a scuff on the driver's rear arch (pictured)

The driver's wing isnt original and was Green before the respray

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

I got a folder full of receipts but nothing before 2003, and some old MOT's so i'm going to get in touch with VW and the previous owners to see what i can source. The head was done in Jan this year, but nothing about a service within the last year so, so i ordered the bits:

IMG_0961.jpg

I bought a new rear wiper for a retro flat bkade wiper. I need to find someone with a Lupo GTi conversion or grind down the standard ones, i need to do it soon as possible because i cant see anything over 40mph.

I've ordered some BG 44K fluid pack:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BG-Professional-Service-Pack-Petrol-Engines-BG44K-/370518315340?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item56449cd14c

A mate told me about it and i read reivews about it and they all say its amazing so i'm going to give it try.

I've also got some 17" Vintage alloys which im going to put on, i'll get some more pics up tomorrow.

Looks nice and there's a good few little jobs for you there to keep you busy it seems!

Regarding windscreen wipers, I can highly reccommend either the Lupo or MK1 Audi TT setup. Substantial improvement to the wiping!

Looks nice and there's a good few little jobs for you there to keep you busy it seems!

Regarding windscreen wipers, I can highly reccommend either the Lupo or MK1 Audi TT setup. Substantial improvement to the wiping!

Cheers mate, yeah just one or two little niggly things here and there but soon have them sorted.

No one seems to have any wipers, every car i've seen getting broken they've all been sold so i'm going to hold out and see if i get lucky soon.

Had some time yesterday to go to my mates place, Sheldons Manchester (abit of a plug for him, lol) where i've stored some wheels. They are 17" lenso Vintage which i bought for a E30 that i am doing up but i thought i would put them on the rado to see how it turns out. Let you have a look and let me know what you think:

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

To say i love it is abit of an understatement, since putting them on, they have transformed the car and i get a few more promising looks so it cant be bad at all. me and Si (Sheldon) had a fiddle about with some spacers and managed to get a 20mm spacer on the rear to fill the arches, just contemplating whether to go lower.

After that, i got back and serviced the car with some additives:

IMG_0967.jpg

The spark plugs looked to be okay:

IMG_0963.jpg

The oil was dirty and the fuel filter was a pain but it all got done and feel alot better that its been done. It does run a little rough on idle so i am hoping the BG 44K will clear that up.

I've just bought a Toad Ai606 alarm which im hoping to get fitted over the weekend so i dont have to worry about the car as much.

Will keep you posted.

Alloys look very good! Like the BBS301's but without the added scene tax! :) In fact you could, arguably, stick on some BBS badges and most folks would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Let us know how you get on with the additives.. generally most folks on here use VW oils & fluids and tend not to use any kind of additives - and the engines seem to last pretty well. However on my old Mercedes 200TE which had horrendously noisy tappets, when I had it serviced at DG Autotech they did stick in some Top End treatment and it did definitely quieten them down so I'm pretty open to the idea of using them now! :)

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Also a quick note - you might want to replace that expansion tank cap for a blue one at some point. The black ones are known to have a defect in them which can cause problems (coolant escaping / not sealing properly).. the blue one fixes the problem!