SLC_43

New owner from the states

Hey everyone, I own a 1992 flash red corrado 2.8 vr6. I've only owned it for about 6 months now but i already know that i couldnt be any happier with any other car. Im not as in tune as most of you probably are with your corrados partially because ive never owned one before but also because im only 16 and its my first car in general. My dad is a huge car fanatic and sort of sparked that in me, thats why i joined here. Im gonna have a lot of questions but hopefully before too long i wont be far behind. Ill post some pictures in the gallery, hope you all like them :)

Welcome!

16 - jeez, now that is what i call getting started young! I assume you can't actually drive the car yet? Over here in the UK you can only legally drive at 17, and if you phoned any insurance company to get a quote on a 2.9 VR6 (Corrado's over here are all 2.9 not 2.8 as in the US)... you would get laughed at. If someone was bonkers enough to quote you, you would probably be looking at an insurance bill well over £3000, and that is probably a very conservative estimate!

Looking forward to the pics! Dont forget to look at the FAQ / Wiki section which has a lot of info.

http://the-corrado.net/forumdisplay.php?42-Wiki-amp-Knowledge-Base

I am actually driving it, in new york we can get our permits at 16 and after half a year can get our license, so I've been driving it for a few months now. But luckily i convinced my parents to help with the insurence, still doesnt save me from the gas prices though haha, But im sure insurance won't be too pretty if me and my dad manage to do an r36 swap :bonk:

great choice in car. i can remember trying to convince my rents that a Rado VR6 was a good first car at 18.......strangely they didnt agree?

"still doesnt save me from the gas prices though haha"

lol we pay 1.47.9 GBP PER litre over here for 99 ron V-Power, what's you fuel prices like?

when i was in florida in november last year it was $2-40 iirc for a gallon :/ lol. which made it less than £30 ish to brim the car ! :(

luckily im right next to new jersey which has some of the cheapest gas in the country, and those are about 3.89.9 USD a gallon of premium gas, thank god its been dropping it was up around 4.19.9 a gallon a few months ago.

i know that the uk gallon is slightly bigger ? but we must be paying about 10 dollars a gallon over here.........

must be very hard to find a corrado in the states let alone local to where you are ? did you have to travel far to get it? how much did you pay ? if you dont mind me asking

yeah you really dont see them anywhere unless youre going to a show or gathering or something like that, it was pretty hard to find a local one but vwvortex was my saving grace, found a few really nice ones in the area and visited them and ended up getting one that was less than 30 min away with a really clean interior, engine bay and the paint wasnt even a year old so it looked brand new all for about $7500 with the original bbs wheels, and he charged the A/C (which never really worked anyway so i gotta check for a leak) as a bonus.