SLC_43

3.6 vr6 swap

Hey everyone, i was doing a little research and found that a few german suv's have a newer vr6 motor that started around 2008, its a 3.6L and i think it'd be awesome if i could fit that in my rado. The only problem is that all i could find on the swap was a video on youtube with it placed in a corrado already. If anyone has any information or could possibly help me find some itd be greatly appreciated :notworthy: thanks

forgot to mention, the cars i found that have it are the vw toureg, audi Q7, porsche cayenne and the passat b6

does not really matter what they have come out off, the important part is how you get it running in a corrado.

Um yep... they sold a Passat R36 over here. Not a massive surprise :) Not sure if the R36 lump is, externally, any different in size to the 3.2's or whether the capacity is achieved simply with different piston sizing, etc.

I know the Phirm did a R36 conversion in Venom's mk4. As I understand it the complications come because it is an FSI engine so the electrics are a PITA....

saw a mk2 gold with the r36 engine in. was a bit of a hash as they fitted the 12v fueling system onto it (injectors on the intake runners) and litterally bypassed the TFSI set, IMO pointless.

Externally very little difference with the r32 but a bugger to get done. even tougher than the r32.