Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Give me some head.......

Hooray!

Got my head and manifolds back from C+R today-all nice and shiny and ported/polished and flowed....

Only problem is I can't remember how to put the fechin' thing back together again :oops: :roll:

Suppose it's time to dig out all the pics I took when it was being stripped,although there probably isn't going to be a pic of the head before it went off.

Ho-hum.Time to stick a bolt in a hole and hope for the best. :shock:

Also need some Torque settings for the head bolts if anyone can help,and as they sent the head back in more bits than it went away,can anyone tell me if there's a gasket between the throttle body and the intake manifold?

Any help much appreciated.

first make sure you install the cylinder head gasket in the correct position. below i will list the numbered holes in sequence for tightening. if you have the guide bolts screw them into holes 8 and 10 for placement of the cylinder head. Place the head. fit all the cylinder bolts, removing the guide bolts in holes 8 and 10 and fitting the regular head bolts. hand tighten only.

once they are all hand tightened then tighten in sequence to 40Nm(29ft lb). when that is done then tighten in sequence to 60Nm(43 ft lb). when finished tighten in sequence another 1/2 turn (180 degrees) in one movement. this all should be done with the engine cold of course.

10 4 2 6 8

7 5 1 3 9

And yes i believe there is a gasket between the throttle boady and the intake manifold.

i do hope this is for a G60......if not let me know and i will look up the VR6 specs.

got a vr6 peter russek engine manual if that helps - and you've got a VR, that is :wink: - got rebuild data, torque info, head sequence etc - or the bently manual in pdf format on cd - thats quite useful as well...... :wink:

IIRC blown has a g60

just recently put mine back together, so its still fresh in my mind!

there is a gasket between the two halves of the throttle boddy and one between the t/b and the manifld. The head bolts get done in teh same way as the 8v gti.

10 4 2 6 8

7 5 1 3 9

For some reason that order didnt look righ to me ... it is!....lol :oops:

allow me to space it out so it looks clearer (purely for my benift!)

Only problem is I can't remember how to put the fechin' thing back together again

oh god i remember that feeling when I got mine back.

Cheers for the info!

Yeah,sorry,shud've said it's a G60 :oops:

All I need now is the part number for the throttle body to manifold gasket and I promise I'll stop asking questions...... :D

Okay,just one more...There were brackets at the left end of the head just next to the fuel rail.Can't remember how they go on-are they strictly necessary or can I conveniently "forget" to re-install them?(it would probably tidy things up a bit too!)

Thats it,I promise......for now...... :oops: :lol:

i will take a pic for you tomorow.

i think the bracket you are talking about is to hold the fpr, or is it the rocker to manifold foolishness? Think is probably best to keep that.

The two gaskets for the throtte body are:

037133073A

Dont know which is which, but i recon u will need both.