Redfox

arms, bushings etc

Hi all,

I would like to put on new track arms (the l shaped big arm with bushed in it), bushings etc.

I will use some polyurethane bushings, but the arms, are they the same as on MK. II Golfs? Or is it Mk. III ones?

The ball joint underneath the arm, is that the same as Mk. II or III?

and the steering ball ends, are they also the Mk. II or III or specific?

Cheers,

Redfox.

I just asked VW and they claim that all is the same, but it would be nice to hear it from someone who actually own a Corrado and have bought the parts.

Cheers,

Jacques.

depends on the corrado model i think, i am sure late VR6 have different ones completely as they are wider track.

but i'm just repeating stuff i've heard, so cannot confirm this.

also, when i bought my ones from VW, they came with brand new bushes already fitted.

if your replacing the bushes you may be best getting some second hand wishbones and refurbishing them with new bushes

4 cylinder corrados use mk2 parts, the VR6 uses mk3 GTI/VR6 parts,

subframes vary more but the arms, balljoints, drop links, track rods and ends are as above

oh, and all the subframes on corrados I've seen (from early valver to late VR6) have rear wishbone bush locating 'C' shapes presssed into them so no need for the separate thin sleeve that mk2 golfs had fitted into the centre of the bush.

Edited by davidwort

the bushes in the arms are the same as mk2 golf but the arms are a differant shape.mk3 golf are the same arms as 16v corrado.

Hmm, that is two oppostire opinions. One is that the arms are the Mk. II model, another that the arems are Mk. III model.

I guess I have to pay VW another visit again. At least today they said that the arms are Mk. II arms, on the G60 1991. That is my car's model and year.

Cheers,

Redfox.

i work for unipart and have been looking at the books and net last few days.bushes are the same on mk2 mk3 golf.but mk2 arms are a differant shape.mk3 are the same as 16v 8v corrado.try the unipart web site

OK, track control arms for 4 cyl corrados first,

Corrado 8v, 16v and G60 use mk2 golf items part no. 191407151B these are NOT handed

then

rear control arm bush 191407181E, all mk2 golf, corrado 8v, 16v and G60, also mk3 golfs.

191 signifies a mk2 golf sourced part, so all 4 cylinder corrados actually use mk2 parts

VR6 corrado uses mk3 GTI/VR6 parts signified by 1HO prefix:

left track control arm 1HO407151A

right 1HO407152

these control arms are part of the 'plus' running gear that gives the VR6 a slightly wider track than the 4 cylinder cars, it also includes longer track rods, different hubs/bearings and different drop links/arb

The bushing is actually the same mk2 part again 191407181E , and ALL mk3's including GTI/VR6 use this too.

hope that clears it up