Sign in to follow this  
Mal77

Money No Object

On my Vr6 Wot is more suitable taking into consideration, I want engine to stay reliable and trouble free

a) A Turbo

b) A supercharger

Wots more responsive out of them, and what more economic?

more air more fuel more power is the general

standard VR is the most reliable a vr will get.

turbo vr would be my choice if any.

look on 8vturbo.com for bits.

a turbo vr will need

management changes

injector changes, maybe 6 red tops

transmission changes

brakes

as 350-400hp has gotta be minimum ballpark for a decent job

a supercharger is always gonna have more response as its driven by the engine speed rather than the engines output. which one is faster is another thing alltogether.

Turbo

Get a nice small T3 for quick cylinder filling and enjoy the torque. No point having 400bhp on Britain's roads, you can't use it.

Money obviously is an object whether you're serious or not, so best you think of a max budget before going any further, especially if you're going down the turbo route.

And if money really were no object, then I'd be in a Mercedes SL55 or 911 twin turbo, not a Volkswagen!

i think the new tvr t440r is a nice piece of kit too.. nice carbon body now not fibreglass... and 215mph..

i think the new tvr t440r is a nice piece of kit too.. nice carbon body now not fibreglass... and 215mph..

Is that the 940bhp beast?

I read an article on it and in TVR's own words :- "After 300 yards we realised 940bhp in a road car is just stupid......"

LOL!!

It basically consists of two speed sixes welded together to form a massive V12.....the dyno they tested it on gave up at 940bhp.....so the actual power figure is still unconfirmed :shock:

K

I read an article on it and in TVR's own words :- "After 300 yards we realised 940bhp in a road car is just stupid......"

LOL!!

It basically consists of two speed sixes welded together to form a massive V12.....the dyno they tested it on gave up at 940bhp.....so the actual power figure is still unconfirmed :shock:

K

:lol: :lol:

How much is a kidney worth on the open market??

959 porsche has always been "one" of my Lotto cars :wink:

as for the VR.......well kev keeps telling me about a certain VR turbo'd Corrado that eats 911's for breakfast 8) 8) 8) .........so money no object i'd have the 959 and my storm Turbo'd.....if only :-P :-P

LOL!!

K

no this project was stillborn - known as the Speed 12. appparently tore the dyno to pieces. Peter Wheeler (TVR boss) refused to commit to a road car because, as is stated, it is stupid :roll:

the 440R and newer still typhon and sagaris have a vinylester body, not carbon but better than f/g. they're both more about track work than top speed, although as Daz states the latter is still impressive. although the figures might suggest they're not that much fastet than previous TVR's, they do have a substantial level of downforce, as TVR have decided to try out a windtunnel programme (oooooooohh)

tt

Saw the Sagaris being unveiled, stunning stunning motor........ apparently all those fins 'n' cut-outs give it huge downforce... makes a wicked noise too.... I just wonder if they can get the reliabillity this time.

Was chatting to this car dealer, he was telling me how he had been thinking of getting a TVR until he went to the showroom and the TVR dealer told him 'I can guarantee it will breakdown within 2 weeks, but then we'll put all the good parts in it and it should be ok, and by the way you have to get the car back to us!' ..... kinda puts you off really!