Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Original Mats still available!

Just letting people know I just bought a set of original black mats from my local VW dealer.

Alot of people seem to think these are no longer available and a guy was selling them on ebay for sill prices (£75++) saying this!

I paid just over £50 inc Vat but i did get a discount on these as i am a parts club member (also bought a g60 oil filter for 4.20 the W6 DPO plugs will only be 40 quid a set when its in for its 80k service later this year)

Have you actually picked up the mats yet? Or are they on order?

You'll realise pretty quickly that they are a major rip - for the sake of printed / very soft felt style 'Corrado' lettering and seriously cheap feeling (and foam backed) mats, I felt pretty cheated for my £57.

I dont even think they are original VW items.. it seemed like VW has some external supplier make em for them on the cheap :(

Were these the rubber mats though...? I was actually told by my main dealer that they no longer did these... but it could've been that they just weren't trying... :(

I got a set of Grey carpet mats for my Corrado from a stealer about 6 weeks ago.

I think I was lucky because my local dealer could not get them but looked on his system for other dealers in the region that may have had some. I ended up travelling 50 miles to get them (from a vw van and truck centre :lol: )

They had been there for ages must have been sitting on their parts shelf for years.

The guy there said it must have come in by mistake as they only deal with vans and trucks but I wasn't complaining.

Anyway if you are after mats to make your C looking nice and original there are some still on parts shelves around the country . Good hunting 8)

Were these the rubber mats though...? I was actually told by my main dealer that they no longer did these... but it could've been that they just weren't trying... :(

Jez,

These were carpets, not rubbers.. and the quality was awful. I only kept them in my car because :

a) They cost £57 and I didnt really just wanna chuck em

b) They had 'Corrado' lettering on em which looked pretty cool :)

But as I say, the quality was pretty crummy.

Yeah, i got em, they ordered tham in for me and took about 3 weeks, they are the carpet ones but the rubber ones are available i have been told - i may get the fronts for the winter

Quality is ok and the main thing is they fit perfectly and come with the fixings - you are right tho, you do pay a bit extra for the corrado logo's but most dealers sell carpets at about 50 quid a set.

If I wanted the Carpet ones I would probably go for something like the AutoStyle mats which are MUCH better quality fit and finish to the VW ones, but the rubber ones are a lot better wearing for the car. I have a set of carpet ones for the Scirocco which, after about 8 years of using (not many miles, but lots of cleaning) are looking a bit tired now. :(

I got a decent set of "Crown" quality carpet mats from Eurocarparts. :)

They fit perfectly and have a plastic "Corrado" badge on the driver's side.

Very happy with them, now 18 months old and barely worn.

Set me back £25. 8)

Yeah, i got em, they ordered tham in for me and took about 3 weeks, they are the carpet ones but the rubber ones are available i have been told - i may get the fronts for the winter

Quality is ok and the main thing is they fit perfectly and come with the fixings - you are right tho, you do pay a bit extra for the corrado logo's but most dealers sell carpets at about 50 quid a set.

What was the part number??

i've just been given a part number from the states for the oem carpets mats in black with red "corrado" lettering.

The U.S. ones were a LOT better.. the reason I originally ordered the mats from the dealer was because I saw some advertised on the US Ebay. When the price came up as 57 quid for a set of carpets at the dealer, I figured it must be them so I ordered.

The US ones are thick carpet with, as you say Nigel, red Corrado lettering which actually appears to be stitched into the carpet as a pose to glued on.

So what mats do I have (minus driver's side of course) - they are black mats with silver 'corrado' stitched into them? Original mats from the factory? I just want a Drivers side mat the same :mad:

i have carpet mats with a stiched logo so where did they come from..... i want a new set :cry: