Stiezo

Ignition upgrade

I really wouldn't bother. I've done the MSD coils myself and it wasn't worth the effort. What symptoms has your engine got to suggest it needs a stronger spark?

This coil fits inside the stock ally cradle with some light modification and gives a stronger spark than standard - http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/pdf/components/ignition_coils/3x2.pdf but even then I only did it to ignite turbo boost.

well there isnt really any problems, i was just lookin to get a lil more bang outta this baby. Has alot of stuff done to it, schrick mani, 268 cams, giac chip etc. I was talkin with a buddy and he mentioned maybe upgradin that so i figured id ask around and see what ppls thoughts were.

As above, A 92 VR should have a Distributor anyway - far more reliable that a coil pack!

Look at his signature dude, they're all American tuning parts so I'm guessing that's where he's from :D Not sure the US got a dizzy SLC for emissions reasons.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

well there isnt really any problems, i was just lookin to get a lil more bang outta this baby. Has alot of stuff done to it, schrick mani, 268 cams, giac chip etc. I was talkin with a buddy and he mentioned maybe upgradin that so i figured id ask around and see what ppls thoughts were.

It's not worth it, honestly! Stock coilpacks have been used to ignite 30psi of boost with no issues, so there's plenty of spark for your nasp motor. As they say, a match can burn a house down just as well as a blow torch. If the fuel/air mix is correct, then you only need a small spark to ignite it. Big sparks are generally only needed for 3 reasons:-

1) Poor engine design

2) To mask a poor tune

3) To ignite boost

I've never seen a nasp VR6 needing anything stronger than stock coils :D

alright, ill take the sound advice and leave well enough alone. Anything else outside of a turbo you can think of to get a lil more outta this baby?