Sign in to follow this  
munkay

Finally...no more smell of fuel

Took car into garage today to get them to check over:

1)squeeky front brakes after having new discs and pads recently

2)smell of fuel after having stage 4/chip/pulley/fpr

smell of fuel was from one the hoses on the fuel rail which has now been sorted :D no more smell...and much better fuel economy..seems to drive much better to but that could be in my head.

discs didnt squeek for about 2 miles then back to the same :(

It's kinda pissing me off now as I have taken the car back to garage twice to sort it and nothings different

Try coating the backs of the pads with copper grease that usually sorts squeeky brakes out, I know how annoying it is as mine are doing it at the moment but I think its the new grooved discs matched up with hard compounded ferrodo pads that are causing the squeel I'm kinda hoping as they wear in a bit further they'll stop doing it as it really is quite annoying everyone turns around and looks at you!!! :(

i got little rubber pads with my oem pads (i get discount or i'd try something else).

with the rubber pads in there is no squeek, but if one slips out.. then that side starts to squeek. might want to try sticking a thin rubber sheet behind the pad. copper grease does well too as mr. banana said, might want to try that first.

i mess with that stuff in the driveway, but if you're not confident with brake work the shop is a very good idea...i just kind of jumped in there and hoped i wouldn't wreck anything :p

..i know its a real pain goin to the shop all the time... :x

yeah exactly :/

pau1 said it sounded like a bus

nah he said it went as fast as a bus!! :lol: LOL

had a wee drive of pau1's one the other night too....................still grinning :lol: :lol: ..........god sometimes i wish i went down the g-60 route now :!: :!:

went out to show my mate mine tonight. said it definitely felt quicker than golf vr6

:)

you are better with storm roddy, easyily the best corrado imo