Jim

[Event] Stealth Racing RR Day - November 27th, 2011 -- PAYMENT

A great day. sorry I didn't stick around for long after my run but Isla was very good to come to with me so I didn't want to test her patience by making her stay all day!

My power figures were down on the run two years ago from 229bhp to 212 at the flywheel. I was a bit dissapointed about this until I noticed that the power at the wheels was actually 7bhp more and the max torque roughly the same. Can't find my 2009 graphs at the moment but I guess it's just making the max torque lower down the rev range now with a different map.

My pics and two videos from Sunday

IMAG0546.jpg

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

IMAG0552.jpg

And sleeping beauty :afro:

IMAG0554.jpg

Sorry for the sounds isnt great

[video=youtube_share;rQyqU2id4KM]

[video=youtube_share;v52JEd356uc]

many thanks to Jim for organising this and also to Wendy for tending the BBQ all morning.

as always, a great day out and great to meet some new people and catch up with some more familiar faces.

very slightly disappointed with my figures; 374bhp and 380lb/ft. was hoping to be a bit nearer to the magical 400. there's a very slight wiggle in my graphs right at the very end of the rev range though which is a possible culprit, so i'm going to look into that a little futher. be nice to try again and see the figures up there next time.

cheers again

:)

Brilliant day guys.

Despite not being too involved with the cars running on the rollers, there were nice cars all around, the smell and sounds of good cars, sunshine, not too cold and then meeting up with old friends and meeting new folk. Not a bad drive in the morning - yeah Good day.

I agree we have got to get name badges, I am really crap at remembering names, especially if I see someone once a year for 5 minutes to talk to !!!!!!!!!!

So, again - sorry if I did not recall your name.

Usual Thanks, Jim, he is a star, these things do take some pretty serious organisation and time.

To everyone who helped on the temporary fix of my car window.

Fay - I think your kindness was really appreciated by OllieVR6, so no worries.

And of course to Vince for the coffees and storing of my car for window fixing !

Awesome, i'm going to add some of these to my VR6OC channel on youtube and the stealth racing facebook page if you dont mind?

Edited by VR6Pete

Looks like it was a great turn out and feel pretty gutted to have missed it, I developed a weird tracking issue last week and didn't have time to sort it before Sunday. I know from past experience that it's pretty hard for them to keep my car on the rollers even when the tracking is perfect. GUTTED!

Would have been great to meet some more people on here too! :(

Who got the highest figures on the day? Petes M5 or Chaz's VRT?

very slightly disappointed with my figures; 374bhp and 380lb/ft. was hoping to be a bit nearer to the magical 400.

The torque's there though fella. I'd be happy with that :D