Stonejag

MAF connector

Hi all,

Lots of fretting on the way to work this morning - surging and generally crap running, then hunting at idle. A quick peek under the bonnet revealed the brown MAF wire had snapped off, but on the harness side of the connector :bonk: Looks like metal fatigue - it was sheared off right at the rubbery blue encapsulation. I cut the plug back to get access to the remaining wire and soldered it back together to get me home, but it looks a bit crap and it isn't very watertight. I'm very glad it was so easy to fix, though! :D

Has anybody got a scrap harness I could cut the MAF connector off (or failing that parts to reterminate the one I have)? I only need the female connector and the couple of inches of wire after it - just enough to get a decent solder joint and some heatshrink on, really.

Looks like it happened because the previous owner didn't restrain the induction kit in any way - it's just bobbing around in the engine bay under its own weight. Nipped into B&Q for some overpriced aluminium sheet on the way home so that should be sorted soon as well :cool:

Stone

I think i have already cut a piece off that loom so if so happy to chop off more!

Will get back to you later today or tomorrow.

Tim

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

defo have it - £12 posted?

Tim

Turned out Tim's one was the wrong type! Never realised there was more than one breed of MAF, but now I know...

So I'm still after one - 4-pin, please.

Stone