bristolbaron

Project: We buy any Corrado! Bristolbarons Corrado Number 6!

So some of you may remember the breaking thread for this car..

.A.N.T. put the car up for sale after 10 years of ownership and wasn't having much luck selling it. He contacted webuyanycar.com for a value and was due to have them collect it.

I saw the post after thinking about buying a cheap Corrado to use for track days and it looked promising, as it already has a 2.0 engine conversion, FK coilovers & a full stainless exhaust. Most importantly it fitted the criteria of being cheap! The price was dropped lower due to not wanting the Lenzo wheels the car was on and I couldn't see a Corrado going to WBAC!

We spoke further about the car and a deal was done without viewing. I was a complete pain in the ass [sorry Ant!] regarding collection as we couldn't find a mutually convenient date, especially as I was relying on a lift to bring a set of wheels up with me.

I finally went and collected it and everything looked good.. We got the wheels swapped over and I was on my way. The journey home provided a couple of surprises, the exhaust was very rattly and with the rain pouring down, the drivers wiper stopped working!

Luckily both easy fixes, the nuts holding the wipers weren't done up properly and the exhaust rubbers have been replaced. The front splitter was also hanging off so this has been refitted.

I've been out today giving the exterior a good clean and she's come up pretty good. It's not gonna win any prizes, but looks much better having had some TLC.

The difficult bit now is working out whether to go with the original track day plan or just to enjoy the car for what it is.. I think that decision will come at MOT time in December!

So here she is..

Baz

301612_10150314540991769_515581768_8009620_59187016_n.jpg

294635_10150314541281769_515581768_8009623_1617197293_n.jpg

308620_10150314541531769_515581768_8009626_779341515_n.jpg

299581_10150314541731769_515581768_8009628_961856677_n.jpg

cheers! it defo looks a lot better in the pics, it's been keyed and has some decent rust patches. It's really at that halfway stage between not being worth spending more money on and being too good to break!

we'll see what happens.. not even i know how this thread'll turn out!

Welllll.. this was a short thread..

Since the first update I had:

Fitted replacement door pods and replaced the missing dash speaker covers.

Re wired the stereo and fitted a new headunit with ipod connector in the cubby hole.

Sourced a replacement parcel shelf and boot carpet - thanks beastie4126

Then the head started making some weird noises. I narrowed it down to the cam to cam chain.

As the MOT was due in a month I thought I'd book the car in first and see if it failed on anything else before spending out money on a cam chain and belt.

On Saturday I took the car out to get some petrol and pump up the tyres ready for MOT. I'd just filled up and the engine started making some different funny noises whilst going down the road. As I went to pull away at a junction the gearbox died :(

I pulled over and called the AA whilst taking a look around the bay. One of the linkages had snapped, but upon AA inspection it looks like this has been caused by internal damage within the gearbox.

I had the car recovered to a mechanic friends house to see if there's anything we can do with it or if we should get under way with breaking. Luckily, he has a spare engine and I have a spare gearbox so everything can be fixed, although it's not financially worth me staying involved with. We discussed cash and he's now bought it from me.

I've bought myself a complete heap of a daily - Pug 106 diesel - to keep me going for now. However, I finally have some money burning a hole from the sale of the Rado and my wheels ready to spend on my other Corrado - there will be a build thread soon!!!

Whilst I was waiting for the AA to arrive I remembered I had my camera in the boot. No tripod unfortunatly so was a little restricted, but thought i'd waste my time taking some snaps..

Here is the 'dead rado project'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50180[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50181[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50183[/ATTACH]

The whole cars gone to a mate bud.. Can ask if he'd sell them, they need tyres and a refurb. What would you want to pay?

going to look at some that are local to me now, thanks anyway