stevef182

Wanted 5x100 to 5x130 adaptors

ive got some in the classifieds. 10mm and 20mm adaptors

Make me an offer

Ignore me, mine are 4x100!

Edited by jacko

My only concern is that they arent wide enough, ive got 8s for the rear, but 6s on the front and I dont think 25mm will give enough stance?

Standard VR fitment:

6.5" et43

D90's are:

6" et52

7" et 55

8" et52

With 25mm adapters:

6" et27 - 10mm further out

7" et 30 - 19mm further out

8" et27 - 35mm further out

Although I'd prefer 7&8's as I don't really like the idea of thinner than standard wheels, 6&8's will give quite a good look with this combo.. Slightly further out than standard at the front, but without ruining turning circle and a decent rear width.. Ideal 'tuck & poke'..

I appreciate that, I think the rears will be fine, but its just the fronts im worried about. Is there any movement on price?

Im picking up the wheels tonight so just want to double check sizes, im worried now that the tyres are too big and will rub!!!

Apparently got the following tyres:

2 of 6 x 16 with offset 52 fitted with Bridgestone RE71 205/55ZR16 approx 4-5 mm on both tyres

2 of 8 x 16 with offset 52 fitted with Bridgestone RE71 225/50ZR16 approx 4-5mm on both tyres

Firstly 205/55 on a 6x16 wheel sounds odd so want to check he has got this right. But if he is right so you reckon it will work?

they're sized to fit mk4 platform so will be too big on the corrado.. they'd be pretty easy to sell on as part worns though.

you'd really want something like 195/45's on the front and 205/45's or 215/45's on the rear..

hopefully the wheels are cheap?

Cheapish, they definitely wont fit then??

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

is it the width or the height of the tyres that stops them from fitting? I have 4 194/45/16 tyres at home on some old wheels so two of them would work on the front, wondering if there i could swap the 205/55ZR16 onto the rears?

nope. it's the height.. you're adding 45/46mm to the wheel diameter.. so even though the 205's would fit width wise you end up with a 5cm difference in wheel height if you used the tyres you have! Sell the 4 tyres the wheels come with and a pair of your 195/45's and buy some 205/45's.

Good shout, right, back onto these adaptors..do they come with the necessary bolts to fit the adaptors to the hub? (i hear the standard vr6 wheels bolts are sufficient to bolt the alloys to the adaptors?)