Stonejag

Silicon hose kits - auto?

Hi all,

Samco's hose kit is listed on their website as 'Corrado VR6 UK RHD MANUAL TRANSMISSION'. Anybody know if it'll fit an auto as well?

Fingers crossed it's the same deal as my insurance company, they wouldn't believe it ever came in an auto - it wasn't on their system so they put it down as a manual :bonk:

Ta :)

Stone

No, you will need one more pipe plus the top rad pipe has another connection. These are for the autobox cooler.

Having had a bit more of a poke around, it seems I'm not the only VR6 owner with dodgy cooling...the T4 owner's forum has a huge thread on replacing the stock ATF cooler with a proper air-oil style one mounted near the radiator. I hadn't realised it was such a terrible design - the ATF is cooled using engine coolant which is always hotter than the operating temperature of the oil! :scratch:

I had a quick drive around yesterday while logging the temperature with the Vag-com - here's the result:

atf-temp.png

Ten minutes of gentle (

Typically enough my 'lifetime' ATF is pretty black at 80k, so it's obviously full of crud as well as getting too hot. So once I've sorted the engine cooling issue my next step will be deleting the tranny cooler in favour of a proper radiator along with a full ATF flush, and then I can use a hose kit for a manual to replace my crusty rubber pipes. At least I can try and stop it getting any worse!

Stone