VW_OwneR_85

corrado vr6 vs mk3 golf vr6 0-60

hello!! got a mk3 vr6 as my daily driver and it feels aLOT faster 0-60!! is this right?

its just a standard 2.8 and it feels flipping blindingly fast!!! where as the corrado doesnt,

could be just me though? its probably because the front end raises up on the golf maken it feel like its doing something? , anybody else driven both cars?

Yes I own a Corrado VR6 and a long time ago I owned the mk3 Golf VR6. It was a long time ago though so I haven't driven them back to back. From memory the Golf seemed quicker off the line due to lower gearing (even though the Corrado is better on paper). Where the Corrado comes into it's own is mid range and top end.

What age Golf is it? If it's a 96 on then yes, it will feel quicker as it's OBD2. More torque low down the Corrado.

Corrados and Golfs have identical gearboxes.

Pre-96 Golf VR6s are just as sluggish as Corrados I find, but OBD2 is mutts. I wish VW upgrade the Corrado to ODB2 as well, but they knew they were killing it off prior to EU3 emissions, so didn't bother.

i think its 93, has a dizzy, no immobiliser im prety sure its obd1, it feels like an animal!!. ill have to check if its got an isv prety sure it has..

It's probably just a good one then and will be a dizzy OBD1 if it's a 93. MK2 16Vs used to be like that. You used to get some right sluggish old dogs and some were ballistic. I think it may be something to do with how it's been treated from new. Lots of revs early on tends to make for a better engine later on in life.