vw_john

What can I expect to see from a stage 4 rebuild on a G60?

It has a stainless steel exhaust decat. 68mm pulley, and is pretty oily underneath and has a fair amount of oil in the boost outlet...

please don't reply telling me its broken because I will be very upset haha. I have done the boost test on the onboard computer and got a reading of 1900 which it thinks is about 12.4 PSI, not sure how reliable that is though.

cheers

i would get your charger off and away for an inspection sooner rather than later esp with the oil in the return pipes....(also i wouldnt take the MFA boost reading as gospel as it not really that accurate,just get a boost gauge and reading from you inlet manifold)

in regards to the stage 4 charger

you will see a big difference in how fast the G-ladder builds boost and obviously quicker power delivery as compared to a standard unit

no idea how much power (BHP) you should expect..... but the car will feel allot better with a fresh stage 4 charger (its what i went for and its great)

i would send it To John Mitchell Racing (JMR) excelent customer service and very good rep on here.....

As above. If you have loads of oil in your pipes then most likely you have blown an oil seal. Not sure what you are asking for - are you wondering what power you would expect from a stage 4 rebuild, or what boost pressure, or have you already had a stage 4 rebuild and are wondering what it should be like?? If you have a standard head and cam, and have a standard intercooler, and you are running a 68mm pulley, I'd expect to see a lot more pressure than that. That points towards getting a rebuild. When was it last done?

Well It was last done in 2004, a reconditioned one was put in, don't know why the old wasn't rebuilt... and since then it's done 25,000 miles.

I just want to know what whill happen all round, power, torque, mpg, acceleration that sort of thing.

its really oily underneath and it has oil in the boost pipe before the throttle body.

i have it booked in at jabba saturday, for a stage 4, may aswell get it ported while there. and on the drive in one they fit belts and some pipes too?

cheers for the responses guys