Portent

Nice seats?

I came across these while browsing. I must admit I really like the idea of retrimming in part leather and part alcantara. I won't do it to a perfectly lovely set of black cloth recaros but I think this would make a lovely interior:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49571[/ATTACH]

I have black leather and grey alcantara in mine as retrim (but not with stitching like that, lol). Much prefer it to all leather and makes it looks much less dark and dingy in there, so can definitely recommend it.

Here you go - from page 2 of my build thread...

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?20906-JMC-s-G60-Dash-tweaks-22-8/page2

Thanks. I think it lifts the cabin having the two tone seats. I see you've trimmed the handbrake tunnel too which is a nice touch.

That stitching is done in the early Audi tt!

The 'baseball' stitching in the mk1 TT is slightly different. It's more subtle because it has a single thread rather than two threads interveaved.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49572[/ATTACH]

Sorry Portent I think both 'types' of sticking look awful :shock: !!

Half Alcantara is nice though, I have it in my Audi, but just bare in mind it doesnt wear very well. If yours is a weekend toy then fine but I wouldn't recommend it for a daily.

Edited by Danny B

Mines been fine as a daily - had it in for 5 years now, although I only do about 7k per year in total.

Mines been fine as a daily - had it in for 5 years now, although I only do about 7k per year in total.

My Audi has done 37k (so very similar miles of alcantara use as yours then) and has just started to 'bubble' ...... has yours not yet ?

I think that (my) wear rate is pretty poor to be honest.

i've just had a set of half leather recarros retrimmed with plain black recarro cloth, not fitted yet, but I think they look great, obviously won't be to everyone's tastes.

i like the two tone/ texture look it gives.

My Audi has done 37k (so very similar miles of alcantara use as yours then) and has just started to 'bubble' ...... has yours not yet ?

I think that (my) wear rate is pretty poor to be honest.

Nope nothing like that with mine, and yep the mileage is similar. Maybe different grades/types of alcantara?

Yeah possibly I suppose ....... it might just be cheaper stock Audi products not wearing as well - my old mans A4 is the same, the alcantara on his steering wheel and gear knob are completely bald to the point where you wouldnt even know it was alcantara and thats a 57 plate on 30k miles :confused4: