budhilton

Single Wiper Conversion

Have many of you done this and if so what are the pros's and con's to doing it. Plus is it the storm kit and is it specific to the Corrado or does the golf one fit ?

Cheers

Andy

They're not particularly popular on here to be honest as most prefer the lupo (or TT) aero wiper mod. I have to confess though that I have a storm single wiper and have a mixed view of it to be honest. I really like the way it works as it shifts across the screen MUCH quicker than the lupo wipers I previously had and, as I have an aero blade on it, it shifts the water equally well. At the risk of accusing the Emperor of wearing no clothes(!), I wasn't actually that impressed with the Lupo wipers but then I never endured the original wiper blades so maybe I'm a bit spoilt in that respect. For me, the Lupo wipers moved in a strange, slightly arthritic looking way and tended to judder on descent unless it was really ****ing it down.... The storm wiper isn't perfect though; I have one of the sleeves on it which definitely tidies things up but the self adhesive pad that comes with the kit is hopeless and the sleeve can tend to lift somewhat alarmingly at speed - it's zip tied on so can't really go anywhere but the flapping around is very distracting so I have some no more nails self adhesive tape that I'm going to fix the bugger down with! Also, and this really annoys me, the articulation point on the arm won't clear the bonnet edge meaning that you can't lift the wiper off the screen and leave it in a folded back position when washing the car. You have to hold it away, wash underneath it and then let it rest back on the screen - it's a real pain and to be honest may send me back to the Lupo wipers, albeit with an investment in better blades...

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I quite like the looks so that might extend it's stay of execution for a while yet...

Mark

Edited by MarkFoster