joby

Does your weekend get taken up by your fleet

Just lately every weekend has been taken up with either fixing things on the Audi or corrado or my pick up! This weekend for instance has been saturday/ thermostat and thermotime switch seal and a good clean up of the corrado after it being sat far too long in the garage then wash and hoover the TT and today its the pick ups turn! wash and hoover inside check all fluids, last weekend was changing the springs for H&R springs on mates A3 Quattro and then on sunday a Haldex oil and filter change on the TT and the weekend before it was H&R springs on my TT and oil and filter! It never ends with these old cars, Next weekend it is Rear exhaust rubber hangers and Water coolant outlet change on the c! I end up going back to work more knackered than i am in the week!! Let alone skint

Edited by joby

It does most weekends, but I've laid off a bit in the last month or so. I thought at first that I'd be bothered about missing the football on TV. Turns out I didn't miss it at all.

Once the VR is stored away for the winter, I'm sure there'll be some more lost weekends.

Yup, was the same here, till i sold one car in my fleet, my Mk2 Storm Rocco, to free up time for the remaining 2 in my fleet.

Tehn came along a 928, which i swore to myself I would´t do anything to, but hey, what do you do on a weekend when the sun is shining and you are otherwise are bored? :lol:"Get the spanners out :lol:

Tempest

Yup, was the same here, till i sold one car in my fleet, my Mk2 Storm Rocco, to free up time for the remaining 2 in my fleet.

Tehn came along a 928, which i swore to myself I would´t do anything to, but hey, what do you do on a weekend when the sun is shining and you are otherwise are bored? :lol:"Get the spanners out :lol:

Tempest

928!! Pics please eric

....and there is the issue of servicing friends and family cars, this also takes up some time. Gave the rado some rear brake love today before its MOT, then serviced my mates Leon.

I always got things to do, I try and do the more important things first but in reality its the more fun jobs first. Most of the time the newest addition to the fleet gets the attention as your more enthusiastic as its new.

I have had the Corrado the longest in my current fleet so it varies how much i play with it.

My Mk2 Golf is a long resto event so i don't feel the need to really crack on i a hurry as i want it for next summer.

My Mk3 Polo is being sold as i ave no love for that shed haha

Just bought a Mk2 Polo and the plan for that is a 1.4 16v conversion from a Mk4 Polo, so im going to ave to buy one of those now to rape its engine haha