eugopnosaj

Cobra 4138 Cat 1

Does anyone else have this alarm fitted in their car, if so has anyone been able to enter the programming mode? I want to change it so that it auto closes the window without me having to hold the button, i also want to enable auto lock etc

I've got that alarm, fitted by Andy @ Trim Wizard.

I've read the manual and it says you need an extra module to auto close the windows... which is a shame, as the old VW Conlog alarm I had did it! :?

you shouldn't need an additional module, if you push and hold the lock button it will close the windows (mine does). Mine was also fitted by Andy but as you can DIY fit it there are programmable functions, such as changing it from hold to 24second pulse to lock, auto arm, lock whilst driving etc. I managed to get hold of the fitting instructions but can't seem to get it into program mode...

Did you get the fitting instructions online? I've been looking around for a copy, without success.. :)

Page 19 of the user manual, 4.2 says 'window radio control activation' is disabled by default.

It also refers to something on page 5 line 8, suggesting you can activate it somehow.. But I can't find anything useful on page 5 line 8 :(

I might contact an alarm fitter near me and see if they can help

Sorry mate haven't had access to a computer since I posted the last message.

Please find the installation instructions attached in PDF form. I was having a look at the wiring for the alarm and it seems that the almightly Andy from trim wizard was a bit lazy with my alarm and instead of installing it with new wiring he spliced into the existing old VW conlog alarm cabling and hasnt attached all the correct wires, for example the door wiring for the switches arent all attached....

If you manage to get it into programming mode i'd really appreciate it if you can let me know how you did it!

HTH

06DE2143A.pdf

Thanks for the manual, I think we're getting somewhere now! :D

I've had a look at the pdf, and on page 27 you'll see the table PAGE 5, line 8 WINDOW OUTPUT FUNCTION ACTIVATION, which is disabled by default.

This is what the user manual must be referring to.

So I assume it's a matter of getting into the programming mode and navigating to the 5th table, 8th line and then activating it.

Can you get into the programming mode? Page 25 of the pdf shows the steps.

I might try and give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Oh, and I have a feeling Andy might have spliced into my old conlog wiring too... :?

I haven't got into programming mode yet but i think it might be because the all the correct cables arent connected (you need a door and boot open i think and one of my door switch cables isnt attached)

Strangely unlike yours, my manual (that would have come with the alarm) has on page 19 (assuming yours is the same as mine):

4 - Basic Functions

4.1 - Controlled windows lift (comfort)

Keep button 'A' pressed when arming the alarm. The windows close in a 'controlled mode'. The windows will stop closing if the button is released.

I have got the 'ENABLED' box coloured and it closes the windows when i keep the lock button closed, but you can change it to have the lock pulse at 23 seconds so it will close the windows without having to stand and wait

Ok, don't come on here often as like to keep opinions from happy customers independent.

Cobra 4138 alarms come programmed as standard to close the windows & roof only while the button is held down like modern VW's. I believe this is due to children losing fingers in windows! So, due to liability issues I also fit my alarms this way. It is nothing to do with being lazy as it is exactly the same wire.

As for reusing the Conlog wiring, this is the only make of alarm that I will reuse the wiring from as it a VW loom with VW factory plugs fitted that go directly into the fuse box. It doesn't get much better than this from my point of view as it means I don't have to disturb the fuse box as much.

There are other features on the alarm that don't get wired up, speed pulse, pager, extra door wire inputs. These are not required for a cat 1 install on a Corrado.

Any queries please email me as I won't come back on the forum for another year or 2 :-)

[email protected]

Cheers

Andy