Kevin Bacon

VTEC sounding great :-)

I've never really been fussed by VTECs before but I think this sounds epic and it's only a little 1600!

You can really hear the VTEC kick-in when he nails it in first off the line!

Revs to 9000 and running a DTA standalone, so I have more interest in it than a regular VTEC :D

[video=youtube;Xfm-Jo8qgGY]

Almost F1-like :) All my VTIs sounded pretty good TBH, but only with either the AEM intake or BMC. The change to VTEC was VERY pronounced after fitting these kits. I took my Dad out in my MB6 VTI-S, and when the VTEC kicked in, he couldn't believe the noise!

the 1.6vti's are amazing, 160bhp from a 1600cc engine! the vtec crossover sounds so good too!

the 1.6vti's are amazing, 160bhp from a 1600cc engine! the vtec crossover sounds so good too!

Aye, had that engine in my EG6. Most powerful NA production engine ever at the time- probably still is!

I think this particular 1600 is making more than 160hp :D

Tom, having been round that circuit a few times, I would be pooing my pants at that speed :lol: Is that an alfa or fiat badge in the horn button I see? :D

Nope, it's H badge!

:lol:

Suffice to say he's a touch faster than I am!!

Pretty sure it's a Honda badge - it is from the 90's after all .... although I've no idea what he's driving! I was hoping the nerdier amongst us could figure it out :)

I admire the engineering for VTEC (and the amount of horse power that can be extracted from such low engine capacity) but I've never really had much love for high revving engine screaming unless it's a V12 or something - I much prefer the noises made by 6/8/10 cylinders on the way up to the top end of the revs, especially a bit of low end induction roar... rather than the very top end! And that's not just being snobby about 4 cylinders.. but I just don't like the noise! :)

He mentions VTEC about half way into the Video :D

I know what you mean Jim, I'm more of a V6 and up person myself but in the context of that little road circuit and the unsoundproofed interior, it just sounds a lot better than it normally would. I've never heard a VTEC quite as aggressive as that before, which is probably what caught my interest!

the fact that they rev and breathe so well also means they take boost much much better too. I know some honda engines can make a lot of power from someone just sneezing near the intake.

Howabout the noise of a quad rotor rx7 :D

skip to about 20seconds in

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------