Supercharged

Childish MOT certificates

Just took the TDI for an MOT and was handed a printout at the end on plain paper... I know it's all computerised now so fraud is not an issue but surely the ones we used to get couldn't cost much!

Heh - it did need new handbrake cables but i've been wanting to do that for the last 2-3 years as they stick in the cold, otherwise it sailed through!

Hi mate,

One of the other guys mentioned you had a tdi corrado, I'm planning on converting my 9a using a ARL engine.

Did you use a PD engine in yours?

Cheers

Hi mate - Yep AJM (115) PD engine - now done well over 100k miles in a Corrado chassis.

Mines quick but the ARL will be fantastic, still love the torque!

Cool :-D hope you don't mind me going off topic lol

I'm using an Audi Q7 turbo with bigger bosio nozzles, same turbo and injectors on my old 130pd bora was around 250bhp and 330lbsft.

Did you use the PD lift pump? I'm planning on just running the k-jet for now, I know it pushes alot more pressure than the lift pump but I don't think it should be an issue, some of the tdi cup cars have a modified tandem pump with a second high pressure feed.

I'm going to start a build thread up soon so any words of wisdom will be appreciated ;)

Just had the VR mot done yesterday. Passed but i see what you mean about the "certificate". Literally just printed on plain A4 paper. Even the mot guy was having a moan about it.

I can see this causing problems in the future. Not everyone will know about checking online so it just makes it simpler for unscrupulous sellers to print their own MOT and hide any advisories.