sam2.0

Rattle and a few other things

Since buying the new Corrado, I've got more annoyed at a few rattles, wondered if there was a 'correct' way to fix them.

1) Ash tray rattles unless its half open. I assume its just plastic on plastic, so was going to put some felt or something on the lip.

2) Parcel-shelf rattles and squeaks. Again, felt when the shelf sits, to try and pad out the noise.

Also, the drivers seat back seems to 'sink' on one side sometimes. So I'm leaning into the centre of the car.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

I forgot to add:

Steering wheel squeak when more than a full turn.

I got the following

1 x foam sheet in black,

1 x stick on felt in black

1 x some double sided tape

from hobby craft to sort out any squeaks and replace any old felt on the car this weekend. It all came in under 5 pounds.

Any more help?

I purchased the same as VWVW, only its too fricking dark to do it during the week, it'll have to wait until Sat.

The wheel is in the middle of the height on mine. I'll try it with different heights, see if I find a happy one.

my stealth shelf squeaks ,suppose its not the cars fault tho as it shoudnt be there.keep forgetting to look at it

Rear parcel shelf - shelves either side squeak. The glove box rattles as does something on the leading edge of the dash where it meets the window - possibly the grille in the middle. Drivers window - need to fit the new rollers. Drivers seat occasionally squeaks. uh hum

The speak coming from near the windscreen may well be they it isn't tightened fully.

To fix this there are 2 bolts under the scuttle panel. First one is over by the ecu in line with the join in the plastic windshield trim.

The other is on the opposite side in line with the wiper linkage

Argh, any more help with the seat? Every time I get in now, I have to pull it back into the right position.

There should be atleast 1 plastic guide on each side of the seat runners that hold it square in the car

Can you be a bit more specific? So there is a bit of plastic from the runner that holds the back square?

It's just the back of the seat. It feels like one side of the back has been reclined more than the other. If I pull the 'lower' side sharply it stays level again.