AB

another spoiler question

i have had a quick search but cant find what i need.

my spoiler still works on the button but not at speed, i have tired 3 different contol boxes now. are there any usual faults as the wiring seems fine and it just stopped working one day.

thanks for any advice

Open the boot lid and take the black plastic trim off, you'll see the spoiler mechanism. Check to see how freely i moves - there's a manual nob to all you to raise it and retract it manually. (pull it towards you first) It could be that it needs a bit of clean.

Is the headunit standard? I think there is a wire behind it which some people will mistakenly cut which is to do with raising and lowering at speed.. did a quick search and found this:

I think Corrados did have speed sensitive volume. IIRC the problems often occur because the wire to the stereo is blue, the same as the remote output cable on most aftermarket stereos. When the speed input and stereo 12v output are connected together, it screws the speed signal for the spoiler too.

If it has only just started happening for no apparent reason then I too recommend having a look at cleaning/greasing the mechanism, not a hard job, just a bit of a long one if you're thorough!

no the stereo was the one that was originally in there, i will have a look see tho.

critical_mass that is ok i would rather try and cover all possibilities.

thanks chaps

no mis match wires under there all the original plugs are being used with no home bodges off any other wires.

silly i know but this is really bugging me now, as i still find myself looking in the mirror for it but it stays firmly down